I Am 5 Days Post Op (Implants,minor Lift) and my Left Breast is Much Higher? (photo)

My right breast has always been larger than my left, so when I decided to do this surgery my doctor told me we could put 50cc more in the smaller breast to help even them out a little. We did a small lift because I had bad sagging but went big so he didn't want to take too much skin. 650 left 600 right. I'm noticing the left breast is smaller still and more importantly much higher than the other. Is this normal? Is it likely that it will relax an fall into place? It will I need a revision..help!

Modest asymmetry shortly after breast augmentation is quite common.

+2

I see nothing in the provided photograph it is alarming. There is a modest asymmetry which should improve as the swelling subsides. The asymmetry in the preoperative photographs should be greatly improved.

5 Days Post Op Breast Surgery

+2

You are in the healing phase.  Have patience, as this takes time.  Based on your photos, you have a very good result.  Follow up with your Plastic Surgeon for your best result.

Robert E. Zaworski, MD

Left Breast is Much Higher?

+2

Thanks for your question and photos. 

Given the amount of asymmetry in the befores, and the size of the implants, these seem relatively even. Implants are often high riding early on, and settle each at its own pace according to how quickly the pectoral muscles relax. 

It is way too early to even think about revision--allow three to six months. All the best. 

Early postop asymmetry

+2

It is too early in your recovery period to determine wether you will need a revision.  You need to allow the skin to conform to the new implants and yes, implants fall into place as they stretch the surrounding soft tissues.  From your photos, you are healing well, and have a nice result so far. 

John Michael Thomassen, MD
Fort Lauderdale Plastic Surgeon

Uneven breasts 5 days post op

+1

You look like you have a very nice result at this point.  It is very common for the implants to sit at different heights at this point. They will often fall with time and I would not be concerned at all right now.  Good luck.

Sacha Obaid, MD

I Am 5 Days Post Op (Implants,minor Lift) and my Left Breast is Much Higher?

+1

A few issues you have. First, ONLY 5 days post op, allow 3 months of healing.Second the before photo demonstrates significant ptosis and asymmetry.  While the early afters show a VERY good result. Maybe your realistic expectations should be discussed with your chosen surgeon. 

Early asymmetry following breast surgery

+1

It is normal to have some degree of asymmetry early in the post operative recovery process.  Give it several more weeks you will see a change in shape and contour of your breasts.  

Asymmetry after #BreastAugmentation and Lift

+1

From your photos, it appears there is asymmetry of the result, but it looks like the higher breast was also the larger breast to start. At 5 days, you should just be patient as your results will certainly evolve with time. However, it does appear that you needed a more agressive lift to center your nipples on your breast from the start. 

Continue to follow up with your surgeon to ensure that you progress as planned.

Vincent Marin, MD

Vincent P. Marin, MD

Yes its common to find some different the first weeks after breast augmentation and lift

+1

My best advise for you is wait until you see your doctor, he has to evaluate your breast condition. Remember you have two proces done in your breast that requires that implans and tissues acomodation, it takes a few weeks before it happend especially if you had loose skin before the surgery. 

Yvelise Bello Paredes, MD

+1

Your post op photos reveal an excellent result. The slight upper pole fullness should subside as the tissues relax.  Sometimes a breast strap helps this.  I doubt you will need a revision.  You should be extremely happy as your results show a huge improvement from the pre-op!

Amy T. Bandy, DO, FACS
Newport Beach Plastic Surgeon