I Am Five Days Post Op Full TT and Breast Aug with Lift. Drains Have Little Coming Out. Clogged?

I never had more than 25cc per day even on day one. Have milked but having trouble getting some material out close to site where they exit. Could they be clogged? I had some swelling in right breast last night, more compared to day before and compared to left. It subsided. No notable swelling in pubic area but do feel some around incision. Central abdominal area, vertically, feels tight and swollen. Puffy but not like a waterbed, from what I can tell. Puffy but no edema above belly button.

Drains after Tummy Tuck

+1

Drainage after surgery is different for each patient. I would suggest that you go and see your plastic surgeon so that he/she can see if the drain is "clogged" or if you are just having very little drainage.  If your draining a small amount, it may be time to get the drain removed.

Web reference: http://www.poustiplasticsurgery.com/Procedures/Procedure_mommyMakeover.htm

Drain Care after Tummy Tuck

+1

It sounds as though you are doing wonderful in the recovery process.   All of your concerns listed are part of the normal healing process.    I would not be overly concerned that your drains are clogged, but recommend confirmation with your plastic surgeon.

I prefer to leave my drains in for 7 days prior to evaluating for removal.  Generally once the output is less than 30 cc/day for 2 days in a row, they can be safely removed, with minimal issues.

I wish you a safe and healthy recovery.

Web reference: http://www.drpaulgill.com

Drain management.

+1

Drains can become clogged, however you should limit your attempts at unclogging them to simple stripping of the drains. Not every drain needs to put out liters of fluid! Close follow up with your plastic surgeon and strict adherence to the postoperative instructions is critical. If a large fluid collection is not building up behind a drain in the operative site, then typically that means the drains are working normally.

Web reference: http://www.drbogue.com/

Boca Raton Plastic Surgeon

25 cc only out TT drains? Problem??

+1

There is some patients who had very little drainage following her surgery and he seemed to fit in that category. If there were excessive swelling that might be an indication that the drains are not functioning but really doesn't sound like that in this setting. Your drains are probably ready to be removed and if he don't have an appointment soon with your surgeon he might call and let them know that drains may be ready to be removed. Thanks for the question. Best wishes.

Drains clogged?

+1

Please see your plastic surgeon to get your drains checked.   If the drain output drops below 30cc/day, then most plastic surgeons start removing them.  Best of luck.

Drains after tummy tuck and breast lift

+1

Any drain will collect about 25 cc of fluid in 24 hours.

This is normal body fluid.

Your surgeon will probably remove your drains at your next visit.

If you don't have a visit scheduled, call and make one.

Your other areas of swelling sound normal five days after surgery.

Your surgeon will check everything at your visit to be sure you are healing well.

Clogged drains

+1

You should discuss this with your plastic surgeon...the drains may be clogged, or the amount of fluid you are producing could be decreasing which would allow you to have the drains removed safely...otherwise, you sound like you are healing appropriately.

Kahului Plastic Surgeon