I Am 8 Days Post Op from a TT and BR. My Compression Garment is Causing Severe Back Pain?

My compression garment is causing severe back pain. My surgeon says it is the right size, but I do not agree. The swelling is so much that I think I need a larger size for now. By the end of the day, I am in tears and cannot sleep. Last night, I finally unhooked the shoulder straps to get some relief so that I could sleep for 30 minutes before my family woke up. I can't get into the garment without a lot of help either so showering is a nightmare. I normally have a very high pain tolerance.

Compressive garments can be too tight after abdominoplasty.

+1

A compressive garment should should exercise gentle but continuous pressure on the area. If it's causing pain it is too tight.

+1

Dear HS,

Thank you for your post.  Maybe express to your surgeon the same thing you expressed on realself.  I'm sure he will decrease the tension if you are in that much pain.

Best Wishes,

Pablo Prichard, MD

Pablo Prichard, MD
Phoenix Plastic Surgeon

Bra too tight after a Breast reduction

+1

In general the support Garment is there just to make you feel more comfortable. It should not be on excessively tight. This could actually cause more harm than good. Check with your plastic surgeon to see if this is what he really wants you to be doing at this particular phase.

My Compression Garment is Causing Severe Back Pain

+1

I am wondering if your surgeon has seen you or just believes that if fit 8 days ago. It seems unreasonable to put you through the discomfort (assuming it is due to the garment). I would try a larger one, or none at all. 

All the best.