I Am 8 Days Post-op from Liposuction And Have a Rock Hard Area On My Stomach?

I have had a great recovery - no pain however tons of swelling. Over the last few days, my swelling has gone down considerably, but I now have a rock hard area about the size of a melon in my stomach and I am only swollen on my right side. My waist, flanks, stomach and hips are now uneven...is this normal?

Rock hard area after Liposuction

+1

I hope its just a strong expression of your issue than really a rock hard area.Very firm area localized to one place indicate collection of fat necrosis + seroma + haematoma .All things put together can cause a swelling of the type you mean to mention and your surgeon is the best judge , forums and answers are not the way to deal with it.However there is nothing serious and your surgeon can resolve the issue.

Dubai Plastic Surgeon

Liopsuction and firmness

+1

At 8 days it is early to see the final results. Firm areas are one thing, but rock hard may suggest other things. It is best to see your surgeon.  Good luck.

Hard swelling after liposuction

+1

swelling after liposuction is very common and can last for a few weeks to even months. sometimes it depends on the amount of fat removed and other times depends on the amount of tumescent fluids used for the procedure. if a large areas was treated in one attempt, the swelling can last for months before u see any results. fluids usually take anywhere 3-4 weeks to comepletely resolve. nonetheless it would make sense to have a consultation with your doctor to make sure this is not infection or hematoma or seroma (localized collection of body fluids int he treated areas) as these will require immediate assistance

Misbah Khan, MD