I Am 9 Days Post-op from a Breast Reduction and I Still Have Lots of Drainage. Is This Normal? (photo)

My surgeon does not use drains. My breast are very swollen and I have to change dressings 3 or 4 times a day. Is this okay. I called two days ago and they said it was normal, but there seems to be more every day from the bottom incision. What should I do? If anything.

Concerns about Drainage after Breast Reduction?

+1

Congratulations on having undergone the breast reduction procedure; hopefully you will be very pleased with the long-term results of your procedure.

Given your concerns and the worsening of the drainage you will be best off seeking in person follow with your plastic surgeon. He/she will be the best position to advise you after direct examination.