Slight Redness/Tannish Appearance 8 Days Post-op Breast Augmentation

About 8 days ago I has a BA with crescent lift. About 4 days out I developed some redness and swelling in the left breast after being wrapped very tightly that day. Its now almost 4 days later and still has a slight reddish color, but no heat,no fever, no other symptoms. PS did not seem too concerned. I don't know what could be causing this but it has not become worse, but unfortunately only slightly better.

Discoloration 8 Days After Augmentation

+2

It is not unusual to see some discoloration of the overlying skin shortly after a breast augmentation.  If your surgeon is not concerned about the redness, it probably is of no concern, especially since it is not worsening and is not accompanied by any other symptoms.  The tan color may represent a resolving area of bruising.  I agree that you should continue to have your surgeon monitor this.

Redness after Breast Augmentation

+1

Redness following breast augmentation may be secondary to compression of breast tissue from tight compression dressings or may be due to skin infection though this is not likely if you are not having much pain in the breast. Please see your plastic surgeon frequently until above issue resolves.

Arian Mowlavi, MD
Laguna Beach Plastic Surgeon

Redness eight days after breast augmentation

+1

Redness eight days after breast augmentation can be related to bruising, though infection which is uncommon is usually seen about a week after the procedure. You did not mention if you were currently on an antibiotic. Worry does not help but thoughtful concern does and the situation should be followed closely by your surgeon.

peterejohnsonmd

Probably not a problem

+1

Sounds like post surgical bruising.  If it is getting better then that is probably what it is.  Infection is not common but possible, although not likely if it is getting better.  You should see your surgeon and follow his or her advice.

Dev Wali, MD
Claremont Plastic Surgeon

Breast color change after crescent lift and augmentation.

+1

Since you had incisions around your areolas, and dissection through the breast tissue to place your implants, you have unavoidably had a certain degree of bleeding and bruising, some of which has become visible on the skin surface. This will resolve on its own over time, but redness can also be a sign of infection (very rare, but possible), so you should report any increase of redness, pain, swelling, or purulent drainage from your incisions to you surgeon immediately. In the absence of these, this discoloration will reabsorb over a week or two, much as a "black eye" does. Good luck!

Richard H. Tholen, MD, FACS
Minneapolis Plastic Surgeon

Reddish area of breast

+1

Without an exam, I can not be sure what the redness is.  It could be from the pressure dressing.  But I would follow closely with your surgeon to make sure it is nothing.