5 Days Post Op is It a Bruise or Hematoma? (photo)

Bruising vs hematoma

+1

You definitely have some bruising which is normal.  But a physical exam is required to make any diagnoses. Please see your plastic surgeon for a checkup.

Modest bruising after breast reduction is fairly common.

+1

The picture looks as though there is some bruising. I can't tell about hematoma but if you are concerned it should be brought to the attention of your own surgeon.

Hematoma or bruising

+1

Based solely on the photos, it looks like you have some bruising. An in office exam woudl be beneficial to be sure. Best to talk to your surgeon.

Hematoma vs. Bruising after Breast Reduction

+1

Thank you for sharing your photos.  It appears that you have normal postop bruising.   I do not see any change in size of your breast or any drainage or skin changes that concern me.

I would recommend close followup and observation with your plastic surgeon.  This should resolve over the next 2 weeks.

I wish you a safe recovery.

Dr. Gill

Paul S. Gill, MD

Bruise vs. Hematoma

+1

Based on your photo, it is hard to tell.  Unless the area is very firm and swollen (compared to the left side), you don't have a large hematoma.  It is most likely post-operative swelling with bruising.  Your plastic surgeon will be able to tell you for certain once he/she examine you.

Sugene Kim, MD

Hematoma vs a bruise

+1

From your picture alone it is difficult to tell.  This may just be some bruising in the tissues or a small hematoma.  If there is a difference in size which is significant I would lean more toward a hematoma.  My best suggestion is for you to be evaluated by your surgeon.

Roger J. Friedman, MD
Bethesda Plastic Surgeon