Swelling and Tingling After Breast Reduction

I am 4 days post op breast reduction and have noticed increased swelling in my breasts. My breasts are tight, high, & very tingly. Its uncomfortable rather than painful. Drains were removed less than 24 hours after surgery. I noticed bright yellow drainage from the R)nipple (no odor) on the dressing. my feet also have been swelling and lips are tingly since returning home. Is this normal?

Breast Reduction Recovery?

+1

Congratulations on having undergone the breast reduction procedure; it is one of the most patient pleasing operations we perform.

Your concerns me very well be a normal part of the recovery process;  however, you should still be seen by your plastic surgeon for direct examination and advice.

Breast reduction and early post-op

+1

With drainage on your dressing and tingling of the lips, it is unclear what is going on withotu an exam and knowing your history ,etc.. You should  discuss this with yoru surgeon.

Numerous issues following breast reduction

+1

It would be best to discuss these symptoms with your surgeon as they could be indicators of potentially serious problems or nothing at all.

Breast reduction and healing

+1

I would go back and see your plastic  surgeon. It is not unusual to have some drainage but the other symptoms you are having are not usual. Watch my video on breast reduction.

Edward J. Domanskis, MD
Newport Beach Plastic Surgeon