2 Days Post Op BA and I Feel They're Too Small. What Can I Expect From The Final Result?

so i am 2 days post op,i recieved 470cc(R) and 475(L) in order to achieve a 450cc look i got smooth round HP under the muscle.with a crease incision. even with ALL the swelling i look super small and its giving me the boobie blues.I want to b at least a FULL D. i was wondering if theyll get bigger once they D&F?? and since their under the muscle if that will cause them to look smaller until they settle? i know i have to be patient but i get sad when i see how small they are. oh im 5'1 133lbs 32a

Unhappy 2 days after breast augmentation

+2

I tell my patients that their breasts are as big as they will be during the first week after surgery.  Given your height and weight and pre operative bra size the implants you had are on the large size.  You said you were trying to achieve a 450cc look.  You in fact have a 450cc look because that is the size implant you have.  

The implants will settle over time and after 4 - 6 weeks or maybe longer their will be more fullness of the lower breast and less fullness of the upper breast. Remember you wore a size 32A bra before the surgery. Without a photo I would say that you have had a significant size increase.

I have my patients try on implant sizers and I find that this gives the patients a good idea of how they will look after surgery. Another option, which works well for some patients is to have them bring in photos of women with breasts they like in order to communicate how you want to look after surgery. Remember there is a certain size implant range that is right for you, once you exceed that range you are at a higher risk for problems the majority of which require more surgery.

Thank you for your question and good luck. I am sure with a little time you will like the way you look.

Fort Myers Plastic Surgeon

Postoperative expectations of size after breast augmentation

+1

There are at least two issues or problems here. One is judging results from a procedure in the early postoperative period and the other is unrealistic expectations or miscommunication over the expected result. 

No one would expect to see and evaluate the results of anything from liposuction to a facelift to a rhinoplasty in the first week after the surgical procedure. I tell patients not to pay any attention to size/shape/look/feel of their breasts in the first two weeks after the surgery and to concentrate on getting healed properly. If healing is proper and uneventful, the outcome should be what was expected from what was done. 

Of course if the surgeon was thinking one thing for the outcome and the patient was thinking something else (or the surgeon had little control over the result) then it's a setup for disappointment. 

There is no exact measure of breast size before or after the surgery and there is no good way to show the patient exactly what she will look like after the procedure. Breast implants have to be fit properly behind the breast and there is only one dimension, the forward one (the profile) where the patient can choose between at least three options and the tissues will accommodate it. The biggest or highest profile when properly fit to the width of the breast will generally increase the breast apparent size by about two cup sizes (although this is far from exact). If you were a 32A then you could expect to be a 32C at maximum. The implant volumes used were probably too big for your breast width and may have problems healing in the proper position and not stretching or distorting your tissues. You cannot just place any size implant desired and increase to any size desired and expect a predictable/controlled outcome. The plastic surgeon may have tried to push the limits of a reasonable breast size but should have told you that your expectations were unrealistic. 

Denver Plastic Surgeon

Give it some time

+1

It is not unusual for a patient to feel too small or too large after breast implant surgery.

Going into the surgery, you don't really know what to expect. When you first see yourself,

you usually don't look quite normal anyway.  I urge you to give things some time to settle down,

usually 6 to 8 weeks.  If you know that it is absolutely the wrong size, you need to have a

discussion with your surgeon.  Be sure you are using a board certified plastic surgeon.

Unhappy with breast augmentation at 2 days. Give it some time before making any decisions.

+1

Thank you for your question.  Photos would help.

You are in the very early phases of healing and I wouldn't get too upset for at least 2-3months regarding your size. 

If you are 5'1" and 133#, then those are large implants.  Please keep the following in mind:

1. As you get older, your breast skin will age, stretch and become thinner even without an implant.  The larger any breast, augmented or not, the worse it will look over time due to skin stretching.

2. Adding any implant to your breast adds weight and will produce stretch and irreversible thinning of your breast tissues over time.

3. The larger the implant, the greater the amount of breast tissue stretch that will occur.

4. Adding excess weight to the breast almost guarantees that it will look worse over time, with increased stretch and sagging.  It is impossible to predict whether or when this will occur in any individual patient.

5. Adding weight to your breast with a large implant may cause you to need further surgery in the future, particularly mastopexy (breast lift) with additional visible scars and risks.  You will incur additional costs, time off work, risks, and trade-offs if additional surgery is necessary.

6. Excessive breast tissue stretch from a large implant can make you more likely to have surgical complications with healing problems if the tissues become very thin.

7. As breast tissues thin, You will definitely be able to feel your implant and portions of the implant may be visible through your skin and visible rippling or wrinkling may occur.

8. If excessive stretch or complications occur (and this is unpredictable), it may even become necessary to remove the implants, with compromise in the appearance of your breasts and probable visible scarring if breast lifting (mastopexy) is necessary when the implants are removed.

Breast seem too small post augmentation

+1
The implants you had placed are of reasonable size, between 2 and 2 1/2 cup sizes by loose rule of thumb. Your breasts will not likey look any larger than they currently are. If you wish to be larger, you will need to have larger implants placed. I would live with these implants for a while, at least 3-6months before considering a redo.
Tucson Plastic Surgeon

Breast size and augmentation

+1

Usually implants tend to stay in an elevated plane after implantation under the muscle. After a few weeks, they then settle down in the pocket as the muscle relaxes. As for size, I do not think that they get larger( or look larger) when they adjust in the pocket.

Breast size after augmentation

+1
You did not have a small augmentation. It is not uncommon for patients to be "down" postoperatively and experience some form of buyer's remorse in terms of the size. I think you have to be patient, let things settle down and then re-evaluate how you feel about it several months down the road. You need to give the implants time to settle down on the chest before you can be sure that they are too small. Certainly this is an issue which you should discuss with your plastic surgeon.

BREAST SIZE

+1

Often patients who are concerned about the size of their breasts after surgery still have their bra on.  In order to get a true idea of your size  you need to remove the bra and stand in front on a full length mirror.  If you have already done this then probably there was some miscommunication between you and your surgeon.  If anything your breasts will not get any bigger with time. After 2 days your breasts are swollen and will probably go down in size.  I would discuss your concerns with your surgeon.

Web reference: http://www.toddbkochmd.com

Buffalo Plastic Surgeon

2 Days Post Op BA and I Feel They're Too Small

+1

We don't see this problem often, but it does happen. As small as you are it may be the surgeon felt this was all the volume he could do at the time. And it is hard to imagine you would not get a D look with implants that size. But the goal of the surgery is to make you happy (as long as you are realistic about what can be done) so speak with your surgeon at the next visit and come up with a plan. Like Dr. Pousti says, it is important to wait a few months before decdiding, and after 3 months or so, if you are still not happy, most surgeons will redo the procedure at a reduced fee.

Breasts Too Small after Breast Augmentation?

+1

I'm sorry to hear about the concerns you have after your procedure.

You should be aware that a significant percentage of patients at your stage of recovery will feel that they are "too  small".
I have found,  that with time,  as breast implants “settle”  that the resulting breast size/shape seem larger. You may be able to see this for yourself if you stand in front of a full-length mirror and “pull up on the breast skin and down on the breast implant";  as the breast implant moves into the lower part of the pocket and the nipple/areola move up,  the breast may appear to be larger in appearance.

I would suggest you wait at least 3 to 6 additional months before you make any decisions regarding the results of your breast augmentation surgery.  This waiting time will allow you to (potentially) physically and psychologically adapt to the new body image.  

If at that point,  you're convinced that the breast implants are too small ( assuming the breast implant pockets are otherwise doing well), revisionary  surgery  is a relatively painless procedure.

In the meantime, continue to follow-up with your plastic surgeon to discuss your questions and concerns.

Web reference: http://www.poustiplasticsurgery.com/Procedures/Procedure_breastAugmentation.htm