8 Days Post Op and I Am Worried I Already Have Issues with my Implants. Plz Tell Me Everything is O.K. (photo)

My left breast since day one post-op has had a dent right above the crease where the incision was made and it hasn't gone away it has gotten a tiny bit worse but then again it could just be my paranoia of bottoming out or developing a double bubble. Also on the same breast left side of my breast more towards my arm you can notice a lump on the side I don't know if something went wrong or if the sutures busted and the pocket got damaged I am on high worry mode here.570cc mod+sal,subpec. Thanks :)

Too early to tell...

+3
At 8 days postop, you are way too early to see how things will settle out and what the final result will be. You will change a great deal over the next 2-3 months as the swelling decreases and the breasts settle. Be patient and try not to worry too much. Address your concerns with your surgeon on your next visit.

Vacaville Plastic Surgeon

8 days post op Breast Surgery

+2

8 days post op surgery is too soon to know what your outcome will be with breast implant surgery.  It takes months for the swelling to subside and the implants to settle into their pocket.

Keep in close communication with your surgeon and allow him/her to help you through the recovery process.

Best Wishes!

8 days post op from Breast Augmentation

+2

Healing from breast augmentation takes several weeks or months.  In those patients in whom a large implant is placed, healing can take a long time.  The skin and soft tissue envelope will take time to accommodate to the implant.  Based on the photographs that you provided, I cannot see anything seriously amiss, but if you have concerns contact your plastic surgeon.  Let him or her examine you and discuss your concerns.  It may help to put some of your concerns to rest and allow you to sleep  better.  Good luck.

Eric T. Emerson, MD, FACS
Charlotte Plastic Surgeon

8 Days PostOp & I Am Worried I Already Hve Issues w/ Implants(photo)Answer:

+2

Too soon to start worrying!! Your skin need to stretch and your implants need to settle and swelling needs to go away…Those dents and grooves at the bottom disappear in most cases in the next 3-6 months if not sooner…Overall you look great…Your skin needs to relax and so do you!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I bet you’ll love it in 3 weeks!!

John J. Corey, MD
Phoenix Plastic Surgeon

8 days post op

+2

Your implants look fine.  You are very early in the healing process.  I am sure you are seeing your surgeon regularly.   RELAX   Give it a chance

Jonathan Saunders, MD
Newark Plastic Surgeon

Still very early in your healing phase

+2

It is still very early in your healing process and you will continue to see changes over the next few weeks particularly in the lower half of the breasts.  Hang in there and enjoy the positive changes to come.

Dr Repta

Remus Repta, MD

Post-op Worries

+2

Anyone who is worried they are having a problem after cosmetic surgery should return to her plastic surgeon. If you are told what you see or feel is a normal post-op occurrance, just accept it and don't worry. When you picked your plastic surgeon, it was because you trusted that person and you need to maintain that trust. One week after surgery is way too early to worry about the final result. If there is one general rule with breast augmentation, it is that the two breasts will behave differently in the post-op period. As you have been already told, nothing in your photos looks worrisome.

Joseph Fata, MD

Post op breast augmentation

+2
The photos don't disclose any overt problems. It takes time for the swelling to go down and for your breast to adapt to the new implant. It is too early for you to reach any conclusions. Healing does not happen overnight. You should keep in touch with your plastic surgeon and discuss your concerns.

Robert L. Kraft, MD

Concerns 8 days after BA

+2

You look fine. You have pretty large implants and it will take a while for everything to stretch the way it is supposed to. make sure you follow your surgeon's instructions and you should be fine. Good luck.

Ronald Schuster, MD

No reason to worry 8 days after breast enhancement

+2

Everything looks very normal to me from examining your photos closely.  All subpectorally placed breast implants have to "settle into position" and fill out the lower pole of the breast - this takes time. Even with an aggressive massaging program as I utilize, it still takes at least 6 weeks.  If you have a larger implant than it sometimes takes even longer.  I see no reason for you to not have a great result! Be patient and it will be fine!

Sincerely,

James F. Boynton, M.D., F.A.C.S.

James F. Boynton, MD, FACS