Implants are High 7 Days Post-op. Massage?

7 Days Post-op. I Am 5'5" and 140lbs. I Went from a 34A to a D/DD (575cc) TUBA. my implants seem to be riding very high like to my collarbone. I was given a strap to wear all day to promote the implants dropping. However how long will it take or will they ever drop? I feel no pain except under my breast in the fold and only when I have the strap on I guess because of the pressure and a sharp tenderness in my left breast below my nipple to the left (i cant even let my clothes touch it) TUBA left no pain/no scars. Should I massage and when?

Implants still high after a TUBA procedure

+1

Seven days is still very early.  Continue to follow the advice of your plastic surgeon as far as implant massage and wearing a strap. 

Implants are High 7 Days Post-op. Massage

+1

Seven days is to early to draw any longterm conclusions, This is a relatively large implant for your size an it may take some to drop. Releasing the muscle via TUBA can be difficult.

Implants at 7 days too high

+1

At seven days post-op, it is very comon for the implants to be high. They will more than likely come down over the next few months.

Breast Implants

+1

The implants being high after 7 days could be muscle spasm or due to inadequate muscle release. This could be particularly true when the implants are placed via TUBA where the procedure is frequently done without direct visualization. In addition such large implant frequently my sit high. You may require a revision in a few months.

David L. Abramson, MD

+1

Unfortunately you may be having a placement issue of the implant. TUBA is a very difficult technique to master and has a very very high redo rate. That is why most board certified PSs do NOT use this approach. One of the top complications is "high riding" implants. It is a 50% chance that they will settle over a few months , or a 50% chance you will need revision surgery to open or lower the inframammary pocket. You see the TUBA is a "blind" operation thus the inferior and medial sub muscular pocket is not truly opened or dissected. Was your surgeon a certified PS? Best of luck from MIAMI Dr. Darryl j. Blinski

575cc Breast Implants are High 7 Days Post-op TUBA

+1

Regarding: "Implants are High 7 Days Post-op. Massage?
7 Days Post-op. I Am 5'5" and 140lbs. I Went from a 34A to a D/DD (575cc) TUBA. my implants seem to be riding very high like to my collarbone. I was given a strap to wear all day to promote the implants dropping. However how long will it take or will they ever drop? I feel no pain except under my breast in the fold and only when I have the strap on I guess because of the pressure and a sharp tenderness in my left breast below my nipple to the left (i cant even let my clothes touch it) TUBA left no pain/no scars. Should I massage and when
?"

When a conventional Breast Augmentation is performed the center of the implant is positioned behind each nipple. The patient does NOT need to pray to the gravity gods or use medieval torture straps to pull her implants where they should have been. In your case, you have a very valid question but the only one who can answer you is your surgeon and I would ask him.

In my opinion skipping from 34A to a D/DD with nearly 600cc of saline was overly ambitious. If you listen very carefully, the creaking sound you may be hearing is these large implants being pulled inferiorly by gravity. The implants will NOT stay near your collar bones much longer. They will go lower, and lower and lower ending up as large sagging breasts because no one has ever won her skirmish with aging and gravity.

Good Luck.

Dr. Peter Aldea

Breast implant & Postoperative massage

+1

I hope you are feeling better by now. As you probably know, it is not unusual to have high riding breast implants immediately after surgery. This condition will generally resolve with time and massage. However, your surgeon should have given you some basic instructions after breast implant surgery. My patients are given postoperative massage instructions after surgery.

In terms of TUBA, I don't know if your implants are still covered under the usual manufacturers warranty after TUBA. If you need a revision in the future, your surgeon may have to place another incision on the breast to access the implant space. Finally, I hope you used a Plastic Surgeon certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgeons.

Good luck and enjoy your new breast!

Stanley Okoro, MD

Go back to your doctor please

+1

At 7 days out and with no photos, you really need to go back to your doctor.  Only they will know what should do based on having done your surgery.

Richard P. Rand, MD, FACS