How Will I Look 5 Days Post Neck Smartlipo?

Hi there, I am having smartlipo on my neck this Thursday. I am returning to school the following Tuesday and am hoping I won't be covered in bruises. I can't seem to find any photos that show what ppl typically look like a few days after the procedure. I am planning on taking arnica starting 3 days before and also avoiding fish oils etc. Will I be able to show my face to the world on day 5?

Bruising after smartlipo

+1
highly variable. I would say a half of my patients for this procedure have little to no bruising 1 quarter are significantly bruised and 1 quarter I just a little. I think the key is the first 24 hours when you want to keep a very tight pressure dressing on. it will go well for you. Good luck

Paramus Plastic Surgeon

This all depends on how your surgeon anesthetizes you as bruising often occurs if not using tumescent method.

+1

The tumescent  method, if used in conjunction with SmartLipo, will generally assure little or no bruising.  If you don't use it, you can count on a nasty bruise.  Additionally, the skill and approach of your surgeon often can contribute to the likelihood of good (or bad) results.

I wouldn't recommend any major 'exhibitions' of your neck a mere 5 days afterwards as there could be minor areas of swelling still present.  Generally, a week or two will be necessary until you are totally presentable, but you may look pretty decent earlier depending on the method used.

There are also some nerve related issues that can transiently occur, leading to a slight asymmetry for a week or two, so best to plan to have 'all the above' and not jump the gun!  Good luck!

Joel Schlessinger, MD
Omaha Dermatologist

Bruising

+1

\Bruising is common for lipo patients. Taking arnica will help as will a good coverup makeup. Aren't you going to wear a supportive garment that will show?

David A. Bray, Sr., MD