8 Days Post Mastopexy: Nipples Seem Smaller Than Desired. Will my Nipples Expand over Time or Should Suture Be Removed? (photo)

I had a mastopexy 8 days ago. My surgeon stated the nipple size he was going to reduce mine to and I asked for a bigger size. I am concerned he forgot the size I asked for & I will have smaller nipples than desired. Is there anything that can be done to increase the nipple size? Another doctor has suggested removing suture if it has been used, is this a good idea? Or will my nipples naturally expand over time? I may get small implants after 3 months, will my nipples expand if I get implants?

Post Mastopexy: Nipples Seem Smaller Than Desired

+2

It looks like you have had a nice improvement in overall breast appearance. The areolar size is not too easy to tell from the photos due to the Steristrips, but they appear to be balanced.

This pattern of breast lift (anchor incision) is unlikely to have a purse-string suture to set the areolar size, so it is probably not possible to have a size change with a simple cutting of a suture.

If you get an augmentation, the areolae will stretch, and if not they make be a bit larger when the Steristrips are not holding the current size.Patience.

Thanks for your question, and for the attached photos. Best wishes.

Hello

+2

From your picture it looks like you have great looking results. In regard to the areola it’s still too early to determine whether the size is what you want you are still swollen. Getting implants could stretch out your areolas if you go with a pretty big size. Good luck, give it time.

Stuart B. Kincaid, MD, FACS

Breast lift result

+2

Your areolas are covered by tape so we don't know what size they are.  Given that your sugeon did a nice job on the rest of the surgery your areolas will probably be just fine.  Yours is not the kind of surgery where a permanent suture is generally used to control areola size so taking out a stitch wouldn't apply here I assume.  Relax and let the final reults show in 3-4 months.

Richard P. Rand, MD, FACS

8 Days Post Op

+1

Thank you for the pictures.  It is hard to tell the final size of your areolas with the steri strips still in place.  Usually the nipples do widen somewhat with time, but every patient is different.  Your overall shape, however, is very good from where you started.  Give yourself a good three months to heal before you do any additional surgeries because your results will improve week to week. I hope this helps.

Kindest regards,

Neil J. Zemmel

Neil J. Zemmel, MD, FACS
Midlothian Plastic Surgeon

Concerns after Breast Augmentation/Lifting Surgery?

+1

Thank you for the question and pictures.

It appears that your plastic surgeon has done a very nice job for you. Having any further procedures done at this point would be unwise. I would suggest that you continue to follow-up with your plastic surgeon and continue to be as patient as possible. Evaluate the end results of surgery 6 months to one year down the line; most likely you will be very pleased at that point.