At 9 days post lipo and bbl how much swelling do I still have?

At 9 days post lipo and bbl how much swelling do I still have? Also by the 4 week mark will my results be drastically different? I only had 420 ccs on each cheek. I didn't go for the large size behind, simply an improved silhouette and curve. Thank you

9 days post BBL

+1

At 9 days out froma brazilian butt lift, you are very likely swollen and this can take several weeks to come down, but you may still have significant swelling for 3-6 months.

+1

I tell my patients that they will not look as good as they do on the operating room table just after surgery for 6 months. That being said, there should always be at least 60-70 of that result. From the time you leave the OR, swelling begins. This can be counter-acted somewhat by compression garments. At 9 days, some of the swelling will start to decrease, but some of the healing scar tissue will increase. This usually maximizes at about 2-3 weeks, where I tell patients they should be about 70% of the result at the OR. At six weeks this is generally 85-90%. At six months, the result should be about what was obtained at the OR, and this can keep improving over that for about two years adding another 5-10%. This is my experience having performed over ten thousand cases during liposuction's introduction into the US about thirty years ago.

Dr. Seare

William J. Seare, MD
Carlsbad Plastic Surgeon

+1

At 9 days, you are likely still swollen. At 4 weeks, the swelling should be much decreased, but this may require 6 months or more.