3 Days Post of Hematoma/seroma or Swelling?

I am 3 days post op and my right breast is much more full and larger. it is also very tender and sore to touch. The pain goes away with the pain pills. I didnt know if it was something I should be concerned about I have my post op visit in 3 days. thanks.

Breast swelling

+1
It looks like you just have more swelling on the right.  If substantial bruising develops on that side over the next week and if the swelling does not subside soon, you may have a small hematoma. Good luck.

See your plastic surgeon for one side swollen painful breast after augmentation

+1

Thank you for your question.The asymmetry that you see combined with pain on one side after breast augmentation can be a sign of hematoma. Do not wait to see your plastic surgeon but call and asked to be seen right away.

Web reference: http://drseckel.com/surgical-procedures/result-oriented-breast-augmentation-breast-enlargement/

Swelling vs hematoma after breast augmentation

+1

Hi Stephee. It's impossible to adequately evaluate your situation without examining you in person.  It's very common to have swelling 3 days after surgery and many times the swelling can be asymmetric.  So I advise you to follow up with your plastic surgeon.

I hope that helps and wish you all the best.

Fresno Plastic Surgeon

3 days post op swelling, or something untoward?

+1

Thank you for sending your photo.  It is hard to see the entire surgical area.  Usually hematomas present with significant swelling and pain on one side.  Swelling 3 days after surgery is normal and may not be exactly symmetrical.  If you are having concerns, best to contact your plastic surgeon and let him/her know.  

Web reference: http://www.jjrothmd.com/procedures/breast-augmentation

Post-op Hematoma/Swelling

+1

IT's difficult to tell exactly what's going on from your photo.  If a hematoma is significant it's usually most noticable in the upper part of the breast.  It's normal for one side to swell differently or recover at a different pace.  If you truly suspect a significant hematoma, I generally suggest not waiting three days to be examined.  Hematoma is a main issue contributing to the formation of capsule-contractures so, althought a hematoma will usually reabsorb by itself, anything really significant should be assessed by your surgeon for possible drainage.

Hematoma Concern

+1

Following breast augmentation, dramatic size asymmetry with pain is very concerning for a postop bleed, or hematoma.  Your picture is not that compelling, but the safest thing is to get seen sooner rather than later.  Swelling is not always symmetrical, especially if one dissection was more problematic than the other.  To be safe, don't ignore this finding.      

Breast augmentation swelling or hematoma?

+1

There is always some swelling after breast augmentation and the swelling is not always symmetrical.  It is difficult for me to comment about your pain symptoms though because my patient almost never complain of pain after breast augmentation.  When my patients complain of pain after augmentation I always investigate thoroughly to make sure that they do not have a hematoma or infection.  With early treatment complications of breast augmentation can be successfully treated.

Salt Lake City Plastic Surgeon

Pain and swelling after breast augmentation

+1

Breasts do not always heal exactly the same after breast augmentation.  Pain and swelling may not be symmetrical.  However, a hematoma can cause the symptoms you describe.  Whenever there is any question of a hematoma you should contact your plastic surgeon as soon as possible.  Hematomas can happen in the best of hands, but early treatment results in a successful result.

Abington Plastic Surgeon

Your photos do not indicate the presence of a hematoma in your right breast

+1

In general, when a hematoma occurs post breast augmentation the breast with the hematoma appears dramatically larger. Your photos are somewhat difficult to evaluate but there does not appear to a major difference in the size of your right breast. It is common for one breast to be more uncomfortable without the presence of a hematoma. If I had to guess I would say that you do not have a hemtoma. However, I would advise you to see your surgeon as soon as possible just in case.

Web reference: http://www.thecosmeticsurgeryinstitute.com

Post op swelling

+1

It is difficult to tell by the photos you have posted what the cause of the swelling is.  Most often swelling is a result of the healing process, and can be greater on one side than the other.  You should reach out to your surgeon for an answer.

Short Hills Plastic Surgeon