I Am 8 Days Post Arm Lipo and Have Not Had a Compression Garment, is Too Late?

I had a BBL. Will wearing an arm compression garment at this point still be beneficial? I'm still bruised pretty badly and probably a little swollen still also.

Ask your surgeon

+1
You should ask your surgeon for their advice. However, at 8 days you may still benefit from wearing a compression garment.

Check back with the doctor who did the procedure.

+1

It is difficult to recommend post operative care for a procedure that a doctor has not performed.  Please check back with the doctor who did your procedure for a recommendation.   I personally use compression garments for at least one month on all of my liposuction patients. 

Mark Taylor, MD
Salt Lake City Dermatologic Surgeon

Compression Garment After Arm Lipo

+1

A compression garment after liposuction of the arm helps to limit swelling and helps to reposition skin during the early post operative period. I recommend its use for a month. Many people wear it longer because it provides support and comfort. It may be helpful to you now and will do no harm.

Mary Lee Peters, MD

Compression garment can be effective even if started 8 days postoperatively

+1

Typically, a compression garment is placed initially which not only assists with comfort level and swelling but also helps to reduce bruising. Even at 8 days and with a considerable amount of swelling, a compression garment can have a positive effect. You should check with your surgeon, however, with regard to this as he/she operated on you.

Steven Turkeltaub, MD

Compression garment after Liposuction?

+1

Since there is still residual swelling present use of a type of suction garment at this point may still be helpful. Check with your plastic surgeon for specific advice.

Compression a week after liposuction

+1
For optimal compression and result, a compression garment should be placed at the end of the surgery. It's impossible to assess how not being compressed will affect your outcome but, since you are still swollen, use of compression at this time would be advisable to accelerate the reduction of edema and improve healing.

Robert L. Kraft, MD