I'm 5 days post upper and lower abdominal Liposuction. I was left with a very deep and wide horizontal indent in my upper ab are

Indent is about 4+inches long (across), at least an inch deep, and 1 1/2 inches wide. I am 56 with good health and skin; exercise regularly. Had hysterectomy 10 years ago and was left with lower ab scar with some fat overhanging that I wanted removed. Lower ab looks fine to me, just normal swelling and bruising. But the upper ab is now deformed with this huge indent. I am devastated. I attached a picture and would appreciate any feedback. Thank you.

Liposuction irregularity

+1
This early after liposuction, it is normal to see major irregularities that subside with time.
It is too early to tell you final result.
You are very swollen and things will change and improve dramatically.
Discuss your concerns with your surgeon. 

Significant contour irregularities that are temporary can occur shortly after liposuction.

+1
I can't predict the outcome of your particular situation but significant contour irregularities are not uncommon. As long as the trend is favorable over the next few weeks there's no reason to worry.

#postliposuctiondefects

+1
post-liposuction defects are commonly seen in this area where you have experienced this indentation. there are a few ways to correct this. it can be made a lot better but you may still have a thin line after correction. I perform a lot of corrective surgeries, especially due to liposuction. I have seen this defect a few times and I have treated it as well.

Misbah Khan, MD

Liposuction Indentation

+1
Unfortunately we cannot tell from these photos what is going on.  You would need to resubmit photos for us to give any evaluation.  The compression garments can give permanent indentations if not on correctly.  I suggest speaking to your physician immediately as to your post-operative care.  I wish you the best of luck, Dr. Emer.

Liposuction

+1
Sorry but the photos do not show enough of the abdomen to comment. Please resubmit with photos from breast down to upper thigh. Front and both sides.

Ronald V. DeMars, MD