3 Days Post 2nd Rhinoplasty Hump Still There?

I underwent closed rhinoplasty to remove my nasal hump 3 days ago. Had done the same before 6 months but did not show good results so had to do it again. N this time again there is a big hump which can be seen and felt. Please help!

+1

After revision rhinoplasty operations, the swelling may take at least 18 months to subside.

3 days post 2nd rhinoplasty - hump still there?

+1

3 days is much too soon to come to any conclusions about your result. There is swelling present which can affect the appearance of your nose. In general, swelling can result in the following:

1) Asymmetry
2) Irregularities

The hump you are seeing can be due to swelling. I would give it some time and see how you continue to heal. It can take up to one year before the final result of your surgery is evident. I hope this helps, and I wish you the best of luck.

Jonathan Kulbersh, MD
Charlotte Facial Plastic Surgeon

It is incredibly early to worry about a bump.

+1

Hello blueshark,

Thanks for your question.  It is incredibly early to worry about a recurrent or undertreated hump.  I must say that I typically wait a year after a primary rhinoplasty to go back in for revision work.  6 months seems a bit early to me, but I don't know anything about your clinical history.  My concern is how is it possible that you could see your hump at 3 days postop?  Did you not have tape or a nasal splint on?  The reason I ask is because noses need compression of some sort after surgery.  I would suggest you speak to your surgeon about how to manage your concern.  Taping and massage are wonderful techniques for swelling reduction if that is what you are experiencing.  If your hump was not removed with techical prowess then I would recommend you seek a second opinion by a rhinoplasty expert in your community for a physical evaluation of your nose.

Good luck,

Dr. Shah

Manish H. Shah, MD, FACS
Denver Plastic Surgeon