7 days since Blepharoplasty surgery: Incisions seem too deep, Is this an indication of severe scarring? (Photo)

Incisional Blepharoplasty with removal of fat. The sutures were removed two days ago. I have been using a cold compress for the swelling. I also had Rhinoplasty on the same day as the Blepharoplasty.

7 day post op bleph

+1
Thank you for your question. Your incisions will heal quite nicely. Just be patient, continue to ice and sleep elevated for a few more days. What you see now is not the final result. If you are unhappy with your scars after everything is well healed 9-12 months you could get a scar revision. Make sure your surgeon is aware of your concerns.

Bellevue Oculoplastic Surgeon

What you see is not what you will get...

+1
and your incisions should heal much better than what you are anticipating.  Regardless of  your outcome, if your scars are excessive, revisions will always correct that.  Focus on healing and hope for the best and keep your surgeon updated on your concerns.

Curtis Wong, MD

Postoperative

+1
Good afternoon!

congratulations on your procedure- I am sure you will love the final result.

You do seem quite a bit swollen for seven days after a simple blepharoplasy, but the fact that you had rhinoplasty at the same time can influence your swelling in that area greatly.

I would follow your surgeons instructions closely and keep your head elevated as much as possible.

Robert Steely, MD