How Many Days Can I Expect to Continue to Drain from my Traditional Lipo? Swelling is Gone?

Hi there,

It would be helpful if you included some more detail, such as what area you had lipo on, how long it has been since your procedure, ect. This will help the doctors to give you a more helpful answer.

Sarah, RealSelf Team.

Drainage from Liposuction and Period of Swelling

+1

Drainage can persist for a few days, and the swelling can persist for 3 to 6 months.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Healing after traditional Liposuction

+1

Traditional liposuction is usually performed under general anesthesia. as opposed to tumescent assisted liposuction (TAL) which is done under local anesthesia. usualy drainage form the wounds stops after 12-48hrs after liposuction. if the wounds continue to drain after 48 hrs its best to consult with your surgeon, especially if the drainage is heavy. swelling after liposuction can take 6-8 weeks to completely resolve

Misbah Khan, MD