I'm 4 Days Away From tummy Tuck Surgery & Notice I Have a Urinary Tract Infection. What Do I Do, Will my Surgery Still Go On?

I'm 4 Days Away Fromtummy Tuck Surgery N Notice I Have a Urinary Tract Infection. What Do I Do N Will my Surgery Still Go On?

UTI before surgery

+2
You should be started on antibiotics ASAP. Wether to proceed with surgery should be discussed with your surgeon. It will ultimately be their decision to try to protect you and make the risks of surgery as low as possible. If you get started right away on antibiotics, it is possible, you may still be able proceed.

Tucson Plastic Surgeon

UTI prior to Surgery

+2

I would ask that you be seen by your doctor to confirm the diagnosis of UTI and then you should let your plastic surgeon know what is going on and follow his/her instruction.

Generally, it is best to be infection free prior to surgery.

Best Wishes.

You need to be treated for urinary tract infection

+2

Yes you may still undergo the abdominoplasty procedure. However, you must contact your plastic surgeon and or your primary care physician and begin treatment with antibiotics for your urinary tract infection and then will be safe to proceed with scheduled surgery.

Kevin Tehrani, MD, FACS

Active urinary tract infection is a contradiction to elective surgery

+1

If you have an active urinary tract infection, you cannot undergo an abdominoplasty.  You need to have a quantitative urinary culture done.  Once your urinary tract infection is cleared (with the proper antibiotics) then you can undergo surgery safely.

Best of Luck,

Gary Horndeski, M.D.

Gary M. Horndeski, MD
Texas Plastic Surgeon