When Will I See Results After Neck Lipo?

After my neck liposuction and chin implant, my neck feels almost normal just a little swollen. I am 5 days post op. I don't see any improvements in my neck contour after the lipo, actually I think my neck looks worst than before lipo, I still have the double chin (see pictures) I been wearing the neck strap 24/7 for the past 5 days. Do you think based on my pictures that I still have some fat left? Should I be worried?

Neck liposuction results

+4

You are doing great! what you see is the swelling from the anaesthetic fluid & inflammation. You will see results in 3-4 weeks; but improvement will continue for the next 6 months or so. This is when the final rsult will show. PATIENCE!!

Detroit Dermatologic Surgeon

Results after chin liposuction

+3

Expect to see results after about 4 weeks but up until 3 months after chin liposuction. This depends on your age and the quality of your skin as well. Be patient and allow the skin to shrink and contract.

Dr. Bruno

William Bruno, MD

5 days is too early to evaluate skin tightening after Chin/Neck Liposuction. Wear your Chin Strap

+3

It is far too early for you to evaluate the results of your Chin or Neck Liposuction to correct a double chin.

When fat is removed from beneath the neck skin, the skin is necessarily loose or lax and it takes time for the skin to tighten up.

Wearing the chin strap or compressive garment will help the skin tightening process so you should be wearing it for at least 2 weeks after surgery and night time for an additional 4-6 weeks.

You should begin to see  some improvement with tightening of the skin at about 3 weeks but usually significant tightening does not occur until 6 weeks and final results take 3-6 months

Brooke R. Seckel, MD, FACS

Significant Improvement Typically Seen in 3 Weeks Following Neck Liposuction

+1

It’s not unusual for patients to experience significant swelling when chin implants are combined with neck liposuction.  This swelling can last for several months, but significant improvement is typically seen in the first three weeks following surgery.

Your pictures suggest continued post-operative swelling which should improve over the next several weeks. During this period continued chin strap usage and massage will help facilitate resolution of your swelling.

It’s important to be patient and maintain good communication with your surgeon.  Your surgeon should be able to help manage your swelling and alleviate your anxiety.

Richard J. Bruneteau, MD
Omaha Plastic Surgeon

You Will See Improvements Weekly, with Final Results of Neck Liposuction Seen at 4-6 Months

+1
I would suggest that 4 months is likely even a bit early to assess the final results of your neck liposuction surgery. Depending on your age, it often takes even longer (up to 6 months) for your skin in the treated area to shrink up completely, to match your new redefined chin contour.

Be patient and keep wearing your chin strap 24/7 for the first 14 days, and continue wearing it at night for another few weeks after that. It's critical to helping that loose skin you're seeing 5 days post-op because it hasn't started to shrink up yet. You will likely see a nice difference begin to emerge in another few days and be quite pleased at the one month point.

Final Results of your chin contour and neck skin improvement, as well as return of normal sensation in the area, often takes 6 months or more.

Michael R. Macdonald, MD
Bay Area Facial Plastic Surgeon

Try to be patient

+1

5 days is way too early to tell how the final result will be.  Based upon your pictures things look great.  You should expect a significant amount of swelling over the first 2-3 weeks and maximal results will not be visible until 2-3 months. Try to be patient, I know it is hard.

Edgar Franklin Fincher, MD, PhD
Beverly Hills Dermatologic Surgeon

Neck liposuction recovery

+1

Following neck liposuction you can expect to wait at least two to three months before your final results are evident. The swelling takes time to resolve, and the skin needs to shrink down to the new contour.  The chin implant also adds to the amount of swelling experienced.  Post operatively it is important to continue to use the compression garment for several weeks if possible.  This will help promote faster resolution of edema and skin tightening. Avoid extreme heat or excess strenuous activity, as this may exacerbate postoperative swelling and lengthen recovery times.  

Pamela B. Rosen, MD
Coral Springs Plastic Surgeon

It is too soon to judge your results 5 days after neck liposuction and Chin Implant Surgery.

+1

There is certainly swelling 5 days after neck liposuction, so don't be overly concerned by your appearance right now. You should make a follow-up visit with your surgeon to discuss your concerns. I think you should notice some improvement in your profile view at 1 week after surgery, and optimal improvement by 4 to 6 weeks. I hope this is helpful for you.

Eric M. Joseph, MD
West Orange Facial Plastic Surgeon

Sagging After Neck Lipo

+1

Hi,

Typically it takes about 6 to 8 weeks to see the full results of a neck lipo. That's the time it takes for the swelling to reabsorb. However, if you had loose skin and excess fat, now that the fat is removed the skin may be looser... Its difficult to tell without seeing your preoperative pictures.

Dr.S.

Oleh Slupchynskyj, MD, FACS