Neck Straps After Liposuction

2 Days After I Had Neck Lipo I Removed the Neck Straps and Kept Them off for 2days Will That 2 Days Affect my Results?

Length of neck compression wear after liposuction

+1

The length of compression wear varies with each practitioner. Therefore this will be decided by your surgeon and should be discussed with them.

Garment Mandatory for Optimal Lipo Results

+1

I always tell my lipo patients that 50% of the final result is from the surgery and the other 50% is from appropriate aftercare.    The garment is meant to minimize swelling and bruising in the gravity dependent area of the neck.   In the neck, I recommend that it be used at all times for the first week and at nights and weekends for 2 more weeks.

Paul S. Gill, MD

Compression after liposuction on the neck

+1

Use of compression garments may decrease bruising, may decrease the risk of hematomas and may facilitate better smoothening of your tissues and tightening. If your surgeon has recommended this, and you trusted the surgeon to do your surgery, you should absolutely listen to his or her recommendations because only they know best for your particular situation having done the surgery  and being familiar with how the procedure went.

Ronald Shelton, MD

Chin and Neck Liposuction : Wearing Straps

+1

Yes. Lack of compression can affect your results. After liposuction, there is a potential space between your skin and your body after the removal of the fat. The compression garment allows your skin for heal and contract to your new shape. Removing the garment early may negatively affect your result. My advice, follow the instructions of your Plastic Surgeon. My patients are instructed to wear the straps or compression garment for a few weeks.

Stanley Okoro, MD

Chin strap and neck lipo

+1

You should follow the instructions of your doctor. I like my patients to wear the chin strap as much as possible for a few weeks to help with swelling. 

Lipo - removed straps

+1

After liposuction it is really best to keep your compression garments on as instructed.  This allows your tissues to heal tightly in the correct place.  I would definitely talk to your plastic surgeon and have them examine you.  I know it's uncomfortable, but keeping the neck straps on is crucial to your final aesthetic result.

Dr. Cat Begovic M.D.

Catherine Huang-Begovic, MD