I'm 5 Days After Having my Nose Splint Removed. The Shape Looks Different is This Normal?

I had my cast off and my doctor informed me there would be significant swelling. But I mentally prepared myself for tht and even then I was very happy with my results. 5 days later I don't even want to look in the mirror it looks a different shape and nothing like it did before. It feels like it was a mistake please help.

There is a psychological journey to most plastic surgery recovery

+1

I am sorry you feel bad about your rhinoplasty result.  It is not uncommon to have a little up and down emotional journey during the recovery of a facial shaping procedure such as a rhinoplasty.  I suspect that you will return to your previous opinion of your nose shape. With that said, there is no harm in talking with your plastic surgeon and their staff about this as they have dealt with this type of thing before.  Hang in there.

Dr. Remus Repta

Web reference: http://drrepta.com

Shape of the nose appears different after splint removal

+1

You will still be significantly swollen 5 days after your cast is removed, and this will affect the appearance of your result. 70% of the swelling goes down after the first 3 months, and the remainder goes down over time. The final result of rhinoplasty may not be evident for 18-24 months following surgery. I would recommend communicating any immediate post-operative concerns with your surgeon, as he/she knows the extent of your procedure and exactly what was performed. I hope this helps, and I wish you the best of luck with your recovery.

Web reference: http://www.spaldingplasticsurgery.com/face/rhinoplasty/

Rhinoplasty and removal of splint

+1

If you liked the way it looked a few days after the splint was removed and now do not, it is probably swollen. Give it time to settle down.

Ask a Doctor

Get personalized answers from board-certified doctors. For free.