5 Days After Breast Augmentation, Too Big Boobs? (photo)

Hi there, 5 days ago I had a breast aumentation and I'm afraid my breast seems too big, there is any chance to call it "swelling after breast surgery"? I'm 170cm high, my size was 65A, now I've got 320cc... I want to have a real breast, not "plastic" as now... They will be smaller? How much?

Wait three to four months

+2
You should wait for about three to four months before assessing your results. At the moment, you probably have some swelling that will gradually subside. Also, your breasts haven't dropped and fluffed.

When breast implants are first put into your body, they typically sit higher up in the chest. This is because it’s the path of least resistance – your body requires some time to adjust to their presence, regardless of whether they’ve been placed in a sub-mammary (between breast tissue and chest muscle) or sub-muscular (under both the breast and chest muscle). Immediately following surgery, you’ll find that your newly enhanced breasts appear very full and swollen, especially in the upper portion above the nipples. Your skin will most likely look very tight and your nipples may point slightly downward as well. This may make the shape and overall appearance of your breasts appear unnatural. As your body accommodates to your new implants, you’ll notice that your breasts will gradually look more and more natural – the way you hoped they’d be! Over the course of about three to four months, your body creates new skin to accommodate the additional volume of your implants. This natural process is called “tissue expansion”, and relieves the tightness you may be experiencing. It allows for the implants to settle more into a better position with the help of gravity. A gradual redistribution of volume from the upper to the lower breast occurs, resulting in an enlargement and rounding out of the lower breast. This can happen faster in one breast than the other.

Although it's often called "dropping", it is more like "redistribution". The "fluffing" part refers to the impression that the lower breast enlarges and that your skin softens with the creation of new tissues. The extent to which this occurs depends on several factors, including the implant size, the tightness of your skin, and your body shape.

Too Early to Judge Breast Size

+2

Thank you for your question and photo.  It looks like you have a nice result (from what I can see from the photo).

5 days post op surgery is too soon to worry about the breast size.  Please allow your body time to heal and for the swelling to go down and the breast implants to settle.  You may be surprised a few months down the line with how you feel about the breast implants.

Be patient and keep your follow up appointments with your surgeon.

After breast augmentation, feel my breasts are too large?

+2

I would tell you that it is still very early! Only 5 days after surgery, there is lots of swelling causing you to fear that your breasts are too big, allow the swelling to resolve, your breasts will change over the next few months, typically 3. Your surgeon looks to have done an excellent job!

Jonathan Weiler, MD
Baton Rouge Plastic Surgeon

Too early to worry!

+1
There is definitely swelling after surgery, which can take months to resolve.  Patients that worry this early after surgery are almost always happy at 6 months.  Be patient.  Your results look excellent.

Gary Lawton, MD, FACS
San Antonio Plastic Surgeon

Swelling after surgery

+1
Your breasts are still swollen - they will decrease in size and soften over the next several weeks. Not to worry - it looks like you will have a beautiful result.

Grant Stevens, MD

5 Days After Breast Augmentation, Too Big Boobs?

+1
Since you are only 5 days after breast augmentation, it is far too early to tell your final size.  I would fully expect the swelling to go down.  Further, from the picture you show, I believe you will be very pleased with the final results.  Wish you all the best

For more information, please go to my website at:
WirthPlasticSurgery.com

Garrett A. Wirth, MD, FACS

Breasts almost always look too bigthe first 2 weeks after breast augmentation

+1

Thank you for your question and photographs. You look very normal for 1 week after breast augmentation. Please be patient in another 4-6 weeks your breast implants will look much more natural, and a better location and smaller.

Brooke R. Seckel, MD, FACS

Breast augmentation too big?

+1

At five days after surgery you are probably maximally swollen. Give it time to settle down. This may take a few months.  As the tissues soften they should look better.  Good luck.

To early to judge

+1

It is very early in the recovery period. You need to wait at least 6 weeks. At that time about 70% of the swelling should resolve.

Good luck

Tal T. Roudner, MD, FACS
Coral Gables Plastic Surgeon

320 cc breast aug too big?

+1

Certainly 5 days post-op you do have swelling and can expect change over the next 2 or 3 months. From what I can see in the photo the proportions are very natural looking and I think you'll be pleased once you and your body have had time to adjust.

I recently did an analysis of our last 125 breast augmentation procedures so I can tell you that 320 cc's is a bit smaller than the most popular breast implant sizes we see here in our Baltimore office.

#1 400 cc
#2 350 cc
#3 450 cc
#4 500 cc
#5 425 cc

Ricardo L. Rodriguez, MD