5 Days After Breast Augmentation, Too Big Boobs? (photo)

Hi there, 5 days ago I had a breast aumentation and I'm afraid my breast seems too big, there is any chance to call it "swelling after breast surgery"? I'm 170cm high, my size was 65A, now I've got 320cc... I want to have a real breast, not "plastic" as now... They will be smaller? How much?

Swelling Following Breast Augmentation

We frequently see patients who express concern about the size of their breast implants following breast augmentation surgery. In some cases, this occurs in the immediate postoperative period. The majority of these patients are concerned that their breasts are too big rather than too small. As swelling subsides, most of them are ultimately happy with their breast size.

Immediately after surgery it’s hard to make judgments about breast size because of swelling and muscle spasm. It may take weeks for the majority of swelling to resolve. In addition, muscle spasm can increase upper breast fullness and make the breasts look larger than they really are. This may also take weeks to resolve.

Many patients also experience transient adjustment reactions following breast augmentation. These patients have difficulty adjusting to larger breasts and often feel as if people are staring at them. With the passage of time, most of them are able to adjust to their new implants. Eventually, they may even forget that the implants are there. The adjustment process varies from patient to patient but may take months. Immediately following surgery it’s not unusual to see patients who feel that their breasts are too large. After several months they adjust to their new implants. They feel that their new breasts fit nicely on their body and they are happy with their results. Occasionally some of these patients request even larger implants.

If you have concerns about breast size following breast augmentation surgery you should communicate with your plastic surgeon. He has dealt with this situation in other patients and can address many of your concerns. With time many of these concerns may resolve without intervention. Ultimately you may still be very happy with your breast augmentation.