5 Days After Breast Augmentation, Too Big Boobs? (photo)

Hi there, 5 days ago I had a breast aumentation and I'm afraid my breast seems too big, there is any chance to call it "swelling after breast surgery"? I'm 170cm high, my size was 65A, now I've got 320cc... I want to have a real breast, not "plastic" as now... They will be smaller? How much?

Wait three to four months

+2

When implants are first inserted, they sit high up because your tissues are tight and gravity hasn't taken effect. Over time, natural tissue expansion occurs to allow the implants to fall into place. By this time, your breasts will have taken on a more natural contour, where the lower breasts become softer and rounder. Please wait at least four months for this to happen.

Too Early to Judge Breast Size

+2

Thank you for your question and photo.  It looks like you have a nice result (from what I can see from the photo).

5 days post op surgery is too soon to worry about the breast size.  Please allow your body time to heal and for the swelling to go down and the breast implants to settle.  You may be surprised a few months down the line with how you feel about the breast implants.

Be patient and keep your follow up appointments with your surgeon.

After breast augmentation, feel my breasts are too large?

+2

I would tell you that it is still very early! Only 5 days after surgery, there is lots of swelling causing you to fear that your breasts are too big, allow the swelling to resolve, your breasts will change over the next few months, typically 3. Your surgeon looks to have done an excellent job!

Jonathan Weiler, MD
Baton Rouge Plastic Surgeon

Assessing breast augmentation 1 week post op

+1
You are early in the healing process. Allow your body to heal which may take 6 months. At that time, you and your surgeon can assess if your goals and objectives have been met.

Kris M. Reddy, MD, FACS

Too early to worry!

+1
There is definitely swelling after surgery, which can take months to resolve.  Patients that worry this early after surgery are almost always happy at 6 months.  Be patient.  Your results look excellent.

Gary Lawton, MD, FACS
San Antonio Plastic Surgeon

Swelling after surgery

+1
Your breasts are still swollen - they will decrease in size and soften over the next several weeks. Not to worry - it looks like you will have a beautiful result.

Grant Stevens, MD

5 Days After Breast Augmentation, Too Big Boobs?

+1
Since you are only 5 days after breast augmentation, it is far too early to tell your final size.  I would fully expect the swelling to go down.  Further, from the picture you show, I believe you will be very pleased with the final results.  Wish you all the best

For more information, please go to my website at:
WirthPlasticSurgery.com

Garrett A. Wirth, MD, FACS

Breasts almost always look too bigthe first 2 weeks after breast augmentation

+1

Thank you for your question and photographs. You look very normal for 1 week after breast augmentation. Please be patient in another 4-6 weeks your breast implants will look much more natural, and a better location and smaller.

Brooke R. Seckel, MD, FACS

Breast augmentation too big?

+1

At five days after surgery you are probably maximally swollen. Give it time to settle down. This may take a few months.  As the tissues soften they should look better.  Good luck.

To early to judge

+1

It is very early in the recovery period. You need to wait at least 6 weeks. At that time about 70% of the swelling should resolve.

Good luck

Tal T. Roudner, MD, FACS
Coral Gables Plastic Surgeon