Will They Get Bigger?

2 Day w/ 371cc, pre op 34A , after swelling but I look so flat, help will they get bigger? I don't understand why I look so flat w/ my new implants: I started w/ right 199cc and left 225cc (5'9" and 135 lbs.). add 371 implants to both and I should be at 570cc and 596cc, moderate profile. Are my muscles this tight which is the reason I appear so flat for now. I am praying that when they drop they will look completely different! Tell me if you saw flat at first,Please.

They definitely will not get bigger with time., But......

+2

Your breasts difintiely will not get bigger after surgery.  The are always swollen for a few weeks if not months after surgery. So, they will definitely shrink.  But, you are also swollen all around your breasts and yes, they are initially compressed by your muscle.  As the swelling of your breasts goes down as well as the swelling all around them and as your muscles relax, you get more definition, and shape.  Many times women come back about 2-3 months after surgery and like them much better than they did early on. 

Size of breasts are usually largest just afer breast augmentaion surgery

+1

Your breasts may change shape but for the most part they will not change size and may actually decrease insize,

Appearance of breasts after breast augmentation

+1

It is normal for breasts to be swollen 2 days after breast augmentation surgery, and as the swelling resolves the appearance of your breasts will change somewhat. If the implants are underneath the pectoralis muscle, they will "settle" over the course of the first few months and your breasts may eventually have a slightly different shape as well. The implants do not get larger nor do the breasts appear larger with time.

Olivia Hutchinson, MD

Flat after Breast Augmentation

+1

Your implants will definitely NOT get bigger.  I have not clue why the would appear "flat" after your increase in volume.  Your pre op and post op pictures would be helpful.

Dr. ES

Earl Stephenson, Jr., MD, DDS

They won't get bigger, but they may appear bigger and better-defined.

+1

Yes, there is swelling after surgery, especially at 2 days, but there is actually as much or more swelling in the tissues between and around the breasts that can obscure the actual enlargement of the breasts themselves. Also, the breast tissues and muscle will stretch and relax, allowing the implants to drop and settle into position (this takes weeks to months) and as this occurs you will have the effect of your breasts dropping and "coming out" (projecting) slightly more. BUT, of course, you could simply still be too small. Wait at least three months before deciding that this is the case, however, because of the changes to be expected above.

BTW, you don't have two implants per side; your doctor removed the old ones, and put in new ones on each side, so your final volume is the volume of your newest implants. Even if you have saline, your doctor would not add 371cc to each side, he/she would use new implants.

Richard H. Tholen, MD, FACS
Minneapolis Plastic Surgeon

Early results after breast augmentation

+1

Dear Berrygirl,

In the early postoperative period after breast augmentation there is swelling which can blunt the appearance of our results. As the swelling subsides swelling subsides breasts become more defined which enhances the result and may make them look less flat.

That being said, your breasts will certainly not get any 'bigger'. If you are certain that you are not satisfied with your size you should speak with your plastic surgeon about this.

Best of luck

Bernard Shuster, MD
Hollywood Plastic Surgeon

Breast swelling after augmentation

+1

At only two days postoperative, your breast are swollen. You breasts will change shape and appearance as your swelling resolves, so give this at least several months. Your breasts will not get bigger, but should not decrease size too much.

Jack Peterson, MD
Topeka Plastic Surgeon

Breast Size during healing from Breast Implant Surgery

+1

Your breasts are generally swollen right after breast augmentation surgery. The swelling will diminish over the first couple of weeks and then they will appear smaller. The breast implants may seem flatter initially due to the tightness of the muscle, which will resolve over 4-6 weeks. 

Ankit Desai, MD
Jacksonville Plastic Surgeon

Bigger breasts in the long run?

+1

Usually the first few days post-op the breasts appear larger than they will finally be because of some swelling. They certainly will not look bigger in the future.