Eye Creases Are Crooked and Not Even After Upper Eyelid Lift, Are These The Final Results?

In my 5th day of upper eye bleph; my eye creases are crooked and not even; a piece of skin is clearly not straight.I have rroad track like scars from stitches & and blishtering on each eye crease. One eye is still black & blue. I also had chin smart lipo at same time & neck hurts so much, I can't move it. No improvement in 5 days.It is purple & red & has hard ridges in it. I am so depressed; I looked better before. Will this all go away? My doc says don't think about it. I am so sad.

5th day of upper eye bleph

+1

Five days post surgery is still very early for you to judge the results of your surgery - be patient and follow up with your surgeon

Facelift - Eye Creases Are Crooked and Not Even After Upper Eyelid Lift, Are These The Final Results?

+1

At 5 days?  I wouldn't even begin to be concerned about the final results at this early stage....Of course, the truth is that in the absence of seeing before and after photos and, preferably, also knowing exactly what was done surgically, it is not possible to make such a statement with certainty, nor is this an appropriate forum for that.  But, in general, I reassure my patients that their appearance at 5 days does not necessarily predict what their final result will be.  Bruising, swelling, normal irregularities and distortion are significant factors.  Try not to be discouraged (easy for me to say!) because this is not the time to be drawing a conclusion about what you will look like.

I hope that this helps, and good luck,

Dr. E

Web reference: http://www.bodysculpture.com

Relax. Time will tell.

+1

You are experiencing what many patients I've seen experience.  I call it the Post-Face-Surgery Blues.  You are so early after surgery that even immediate results are difficult to guage.  Your surgeon is correct in telling you not to focus on your face.  In my experience patients never look at their faces as much before surgery as after surgery.  They pick apart everything because the experience is new and completely foreign to them.  Honor yourself and give yourself a break.  Give yourself the necessary time to heal.  Keep the lines of communication open with your surgeon.  After six months, if you are not satisfied, ask about revisions or tweaks.  

Good luck and warmest regards,

Dr. Shah

Denver Plastic Surgeon

Bruising after eyelid surgery

+1
You just had surgery, not a makeover. Bruising and swelling at five days is normal and may distort the results. Be patient and followup with your surgeon who is in the best position to judge your progress.
Fort Lauderdale Facial Plastic Surgeon

5 days postop bleph

+1

I am sorry for your concerns during your postoperative recovery.   I can assure you that bruising and swelling is not unusual after an upper lid blepharoplasty.     Eyelid skin is one of the thinnest skin areas of the human body and therefore will swell and bruise very easily.    

Assymetry at this point is very common, because swelling and bruising is often assymetric.    The most important determination of your final result is your preoperative markings.   As long as these are symmetric, your final result should be very satisfying.   Hang in there and I bet you will be pleasantly surprised by your 6 week postop result.    

I wish you all the best :))

Web reference: http://www.drpaulgill.com

Maybe you have an issue, maybe you don't.

+1

Five days after surgery is so early.  Many issues go away as the eyelids heal.  Things that you think were important settle down and go away.  I think a bigger issue is that you have become depressed while healing from surgery.  This reaction is pretty normal.  Sometimes it can be so severe that I have had to arrange psychotherapy for patients and in one case, had a patient hospitalized for 3 days because they developed a psychotic break.  Why does this happen?  My theory is it is because healing from surgery is a very unstructured period of time.  I encourage you to share your feelings of being blue with your doctor.  If they can't listen get a referral from your primary care physician or gynecologist for a psychologist.  These feeling generally lift rapidly after about 10 days but it can be rough.  Please reach out for help.

Web reference: http://www.lidlift.com

Scary appearance 5 days after blepharoplasty & SmartLipo...

+1

Critiquing a blepharoplasty result 5 days after surgery is way to soon to draw any meaningful conclusions! Even if you had submitted photos to share with others, there would be no way to predict the final result based on your current appearance.

As I tell many of my patients...  Blepharoplasty (like any procedure involving 2 sides of the body) is often followed by each eyelid taking a very different path to the final healed result. This doesn't mean that your outcome will be assymetrical, with one eyelid looking different from the other. It only means that there may be a frightening period of time, as each eyelid follows its own course to a final symmetrical and pleasing end result.

A similar observation can be made about your early post-op SmartLipo appearance. In all, it may take 6 - 12 months before you get to see your final outcome. It's always good advice to avoid spending significant time in front of a mirror, particularly during the initial several weeks of healing! You should try very hard to be patient your weekly progress even though it may at times seem way too slow.

I think it's likely yo've allowed yourself become unnecessarily concerned...

Baton Rouge Plastic Surgeon

Crooked and uneven eyelid crease 5 days post op. Final results?

+1

Unfortunately, no matter how carefully the surgery for upper lids is done, some bruising and unevenness is unavoidable. Once swollen and bruised, it will take 4-6 weeks before you see the final results. Don't panic and give it sometime.

Allentown Plastic Surgeon

Eyelid Incisions

+1

Without seeing before and after pictures, it is impossible to give you specific advice.  However, 5 days after surgery is WAY to early to get worried.  As the swelling resolves and the tissues settle, you results should significantly improve.  However, if you have concerns, you should follow up closely with your surgeon.

Good Luck.

Web reference: http://www.ShaferPlasticSurgery.com

Bleph

+1

I would not yet panic as you are still too early out and may have some swelling post-op.  Also not having photos of before and after results makes it difficult to assess where you are at this stage.  I would give it two weeks and address any concerns you may still have with your PS.

Charlotte Plastic Surgeon