I Am on Day 4 Post Rhinoseptoplasty. Nose Very Different Than Expected? (photo)

I had a great nose! I didn't want a new nose, just wanted to straighten out and breathe again. I had surgery with an ent in 1979 after getting wracked with a tennis racket and then again in 1992 after I finished playing soccer in college. I decided to try a plastic surgeon this time, please see my photos and comments below. Thank you!

I Am on Day 4 Post Rhinoseptoplasty. Nose Very Different Than Expected?

+1

There is not a quick fix for the recovery process, and the nose will be swollen maximally at this point.  You may well look much better by the time you start your job.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Rhinoplasty at 4 days

+1

At 4 days after rhinoplasty the nose wil be maximally swollen.  Much of the swelling will come down in the next few weeks but there will be residual swelling for months. Give it time to heal.

+1

BUT BUT IT IS ONLY 4 days post operative! How can anyone respond to you if there is still swelling. Allow 3 months healing before commenting! 

Rhinoplasty recovery

+1

I know you are probably looking for a quick fix to improve your nose after rhinoplasty, but unfortunately, it is just going to take more time for your nose to heal.  You can't judge the results of your surgery at four days after the procedure.  It can take 6-12 months and sometimes longer for all of the swelling to subside.  As the swelling improves, the appearance of your nose will improve, including the turned up appearance of your tip now.    

Michael I. Echavez, MD
San Francisco Facial Plastic Surgeon