4th day post op congestion in only one nostril?

I had an open rhinoplasty (crooked nose+ reduction) + deviated septum correction. My nose feels stuffy all the time, but I know that's normal. However, I can now breathe with one of my nostrils, while the other one is stuffed. Is it possible that the septum correction didn't go as planned or is it too early to tell?

Dr. Kimberly Henry

+1

Hello, thank you for your question! As it is only the fourth day after your surgery, it is much too early to tell. You still have swelling, just be patient. You could ask your doctor for steroids to help with the post op swelling. Also, using q-tips with hydrogen peroxide gently can help keep your nose clean, but only with permission from your doctor. You could try sleeping with the clogged/swollen nostril side up, also, to aid in drainage. Good luck!

Greenbrae Plastic Surgeon

Post-op Congestion

+1

It is not uncommon to have nasal congestion for up to six weeks post nasal surgery. Frequent saline spray rinses can help

Indianapolis Facial Plastic Surgeon

4th day after rhinoplasty

+1

It's far too early to tell. It's very common for one side to be more congested than the other this soon after septorhinoplasty. This is quite normal and doesn't have any significance at this stage. Best of luck.

4th day post-op rhinoplasty

+1

At four days after rhinoplasty you are likely very swollen and need to give it time to settle down. This may take a few months.

+1

It will be too early to tell. Swelling can cause some measurable distortion.

Web reference: http://www.hughesplasticsurgery.com/Rhinoplasty.php

4th Day Post Op Rhinoplasty

+1

What you are experiencing is normal. It is always one side that seems more stuffy than the other. You are in the very early healing process. Be patient, and follow your surgeon's instructions for a complete recovery.