Will My High Breasts Subside Over Time? I Am 9 Days Post Breast Implants.

I Am 9 Day Post -op and I Had 225 Filled to 250 and 225 Filled to 275 Moderate Saline Implants. I Wanted to Be a Small to regular B cup size and I look like a cartoon character right not. I am freaking out as I wanted a very low key enhancement from very deflated 34 aa cup breasts after breastfeeding 2 kids. I hate the upper pole fullness and projection I am seeing now. I am hoping this will subside and I will be so disappointed if they stay the C cup they are measuring now. Can I expect a definite reduction in size?

Upper Pole Fullness Will Decrease

+1
Your breast implants haven't settled, yet, considering that it generally takes about three to four months. During this time, the implants will drop a bit and gently round out the bottom portion of your breasts, so that they look more natural. 

Will breast implants settle in with time?

+1

You are very early in your post operative course.  Implants may look funny in the early post operative period and then settle into a more natural looking appearance.  Please continue to see your plastic surgeon in follow up.  They will guide you through this.

Jeffrey Roth, MD

Breast implants should really look good right away.

+1

Hi.

1)  I don't understand the notion of implants needing to drop.  The breasts should look the way you want them to look before the operation is finished.  I am afraid most of the upper pole fulness will not go away.

2)  Also they will not get significantly smaller.  Don't do anything for six months (massage and bands don't help).  After that you may have gotten used to them and can accept them.  Otherwise you may need a revision with smaller, lower implants.

George J. Beraka, MD (retired)

Upper fullness post BA

+1

Hi

You still early in your recovery, and judging the results. The shape of the breast will keep changing and you will see the final results in 6 months up to a year. And always you have to follow up with your surgeon. The upper band usually helps to prevent any more upriding of the implants and help with the massage to keep them in proper place. Still all these need to be done with your surgeon supervision. 

Wish you the best. 

Fatema S. Alsubhi, MD
UAE Plastic Surgeon

Implants need time to settle down

+1
You are still early in the healing process and had small implants. There is swelling and you also need to adapt to the new size of the breasts. You can expect them to settle down over time.

Robert L. Kraft, MD

Breast augmentation and upset

+1

At 9 days, the implants are most likely a bit high and the breasts are swollen. Give them time to settle down.

Freaking out after breast augmentation

+1

If you were careful in your before surgery discussions, and your surgeon has seen photos of what you want, you should expect that he listened and your result to be what you expected. The implant size seems 'right', and it is not uncommon to have a bit of panic early on. The fact is though that patients get on and results settle in very well. Give it time.

9 Days Post Op Breast Augmentation Surgery

+1

You are very early in the recovery process.  It is very normal for breast implants to sit high on the chest wall for the first 3 months (sometimes longer).  It takes time for the pectoralis muscle to relax and allow the breast implants to settle into their pocket.

Be patient and keep your follow up appointments with your doctor.