2 Days Post Invisalign:

I got my invisalign w/attachments yesterday. I feel as though I have cement or glue in places where it shouldn't be. When I flossed last night, I had a hard time getting the floss through as it was as if the cement had dammed up the opening.

And then it feels like there's cement inside the back molars. I find this irritating. Can I ask to have it removed or should I just wait until my 1st check up which is in 3 mos? Does it hurt anything to leave it there?

2 days post Invisalign

+1

You might have some excess bonding material between your teeth and if that is the case the Dentist will have to remove that sooner rather than later. I would recommend that you call the dentist and ask him to see you to remove that excess material so that you can floss normally and avoid any gum issues

San Diego Cosmetic Dentist

Placement of Invisalign Attachments

+1

The two purposes of Invisalign attachments are to secure the aligners and to move the teeth. There should be just enough composite used to accomplish that and no more. If you feel there was any excess left on or between your teeth, you should get in to see your doctor. Although it technically won't hurt anything, the fact that you can't floss is a problem that you need to deal with soon.

Greg Jorgensen, DMD, MS
Albuquerque Orthodontist

Excess cement after Invisalign placement...

+1

I could see why you would find this annoying as your tongue tends to find anything unusual in your mouth. I would call your doctor and explain the situation, especially regarding the tightness with your flossing b/c this could inhibiti the trays from working properly. Friction is the biggest inhibitor of proper tooth movement!

Mazyar Moshiri, DMD, MS
Saint Louis Orthodontist

Excess invisalign attachment resin between teeth

+1

The material we use to form the invisalign attachments may be trapped between your teeth. We always try to make the attachments blend with tooth colour as much as we can, sometimes the excess material is left behind. Call your doctor and explain what happened he'll be glad to remedy the situation.

Dan Hagi, DDS
Toronto Cosmetic Dentist

It is likely excess resin from the placement of your Invisalign attachments

+1

Unless there has been some kind of extremely quick space closure, causing the contacts to be tight, there is likely some resin that has been left over.

As mentioned above, the aligners may not fit properly, but more importantly, if the resin is holding the teeth together, it will prevent the teeth from moving.

It is probably a good idea to give your doctor a call and explain your issue rather than waiting until the next visit.

Jason K. Tam, DDS
Toronto Orthodontist

Post Invisalign issues

+1

It sounds as if you have some excess bonding resin on your teeth.  Depending upon the technique used to bond the buttons (attachments) to the teeth, excess resin can run into the contact area and can cause the symptoms you have been experiencing--i.e. difficult flossing or the feeling as if something is wedged or caught between your teeth.  I could also affect the way the subsequent aligners fit.

I would advise calling your dentist, explaining the situation and requesting to be seen as soon as possible.  The excessive resin could produce some inflammation and discomfort.  I would want to see you as soon as possible to remove the excess resin (if that is the problem). 

Chad Colson, DMD
Greenville Cosmetic Dentist