Day 1 of Ematrix Too Soon for Going Out?

I'm getting the Ematrix done at the end of this month and I have an event to go to later in the evening on the same day(a wedding to be exact). If my procedure is at 8:00 and I rest until the evening will I be okay for the reception? I don't plan on wearing face makeup there, But I'm wondering if I will be okay with leaving the house so soon? This event is non-negotiable for me and I can not change my Ematrix appointment.

Downtime of at least 24 hours

+1
OK- here are the facts- higher the setting, longer the downtime, more overlap, more the downtime, more tendency towards redness (rosacea patients), longer the redness, more energy levels, more grids, more downtime. 
It s a balance. In you situation our clinic will turn you away (temporarily) and re book you. We normally start at a setting that gives you redness for a day or two. Then increase the power to 90 to 100%, this gives longer downtimes but better results. Its a balance. 

Regards

Dr Davin Lim 
Laser and Cosmetic Dermatologist
Brisbane and Gold Coast
Australia. 

Brisbane Dermatologist

EMatrix Recovery - Downtime

+1

Even-though Ematrix is associated with little to no downtime, there will be some swelling and markings depending on the settings used.  With this in mind, I would not suggest having it done the same day that your planning to go to an important event such as a wedding.  The majority of treated patients do return to work following the treatments.

Craig Mezrow, MS, MD
Philadelphia Plastic Surgeon

Day 1 eMatrix, plan on staying home

+1

There is definitely some recovery for eMatrix performed at useful levels. If you are only having the lightest level treatment, you might be able to cover up, but you will look sunburned at the very least.

eMatrix is generally given at "B" or "C" levels and either level will mean you have 2 to 5 days time period when you will be more comfortable being at home as your skin heals..

Rebecca Fitzgerald, MD
Los Angeles Dermatologist

EMatrix and "social downtime"

+1

We tell patients that eMatrix requires about 2 days of "social downtime", meaning you can put on makeup and go to the store or to dinner, but in NO WAY would I go to a special event, especially one bound to have a lot of photos. You'll have a bunch of tiny dots on your face and it will be red in color too. I don't think you'll want to be out in public like this, not at a wedding anyway! You said the event is non-negotiable but that you also can't change the date for your appointment, so I'm not sure what to say here. But I know I wouldn't recommend this because I think you'll be uncomfortable with how you look. If you look at the link below it shows the red dots I'm talking about...these will be all over your face! I would suggest changing the date of the appointment, frankly.

F. Victor Rueckl, MD