6th Day After Salon Jessner Peel? (photo)

MUST finish peeling in next 2 days (trip). HELP!!! I'm putting hot compresses on throughout the day and no moisturizer. What else can I do to get my face all peeled

Post Jessner's Treatment

+2

The water applied to your skin should not be hot, but tepid or lukewarm. While in the shower, allow the tepid water to run down your face while using your fingertips or a Clarisonic to gently massage the dead skin off. Follow with a heavier moisturizer or ointment such as Aquaphor or Avene's Cicalfate. Be sure to apply sunscreen with an SPF of at least 30 every day before going outside. Continuously keep your face moisturized throughout the day, as needed. Applying a hot compress without any moisturizer, you are causing the skin to dry out and therefore, continuously peel.

Keeping the skin moist is most important for rapid healing

+2

If you are not applying a moisturizer after soaking the net effect is you are drying out your skin. Use a heavy moisturizer - even an ointment like Aquaphor after soaking. Also soaks should be tepid - not hot. 

Richard Fitzpatrick, MD (in memoriam)
San Diego Dermatologic Surgeon