5th Day After Rhinoplasty. Whacked Nose and Now Have a Tingling Sensation. What Could This Mean?

Hi, I'm very disappointed to say that so early after rhinoplasty, I accidentally whacked the tip of my nose with the wire of my laptop charger. It was painful, but only during the hit itself and didn't hurt at all afterward. However, there is now a tingling sensation that keeps coming and going on the right side of my nose tip. I've responded to this by piling Vaseline over it. That only barely relieved the feeling. What could this mean? And could this have disrupted the cosmetic results?

+2

If the nose has not changed shape, you have likely not disturbed the result.  You will need an exam to be sure by your surgeon.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA