Day 6 After Dysport To Glabellar Lines, Still Able to Frown and See Lines, is That Normal?

Day 6 after dysport to glabellar lines, I see a huge improvement with the lines fading but when I frown I still see muscles movement and lines ...is that normal?

Dysport's Onset

+2

The onset of action is rather quick for Dysport with the majority of patient seeing the effects within 2 to 5 days.  There are some paitents that respond somewhat slower, especially if it is their first injection.  I certainly would not worry at day 6 since it sounds like you are finding that the muscles are starting to relax.  Be patient.  If the desired effects have not occurred by day 12-14, I would contact the physician who performed the injection for evaluation.

Annapolis Dermatologist

Six days post Dysport and still frowning?

+2

Typically, Dysport has a very quick onset of action compared to Botox and Xeomin.  I agree that it is possible that you will need a touch up.

Lawrence Kass, MD
Saint Petersburg Oculoplastic Surgeon

Frowning after dysport

+2

There may be several issues here:

1. It can take up to 2 weeks to see the maximum results of your treatment.

2. You may simply need more product. If this is your first time getting dysport, your doctor may not know exactly how much product you need.

3. You may need the product placed in different locations.

I would recommend you wait 2 weeks and then make an appointment for follow up. I always advise my patients to call me in 2 weeks if they need a touch up.

Gary Goldenberg, MD

How much time to evaluate Dysport?

+2

It takes 7-10 days to fully evaluate the effects of Dysport, Botox, or Xeomin.  After that time, a touch up treatment may be required if there is movement. 

Donna Bilu Martin, MD
Miami Beach Dermatologist

Dysport Results

+2

Dysport and Botox work by the same mechanism.  If this is your first injection, it may be that you need a stronger dose than average.  The product is obviously working since you see an improvement.  Also, you need to balance a natural look with maintenance of normal facial animation with the reduction of dynamic wrinkles.  If you post before and after images we may be able to give you more advice.

Good Luck.

David Shafer, MD

Like Botox, Dysport can take 10-14 days for full effects

+2

Dysport is just like Botox in the sense that it will continue to relax muscles for 10-14 days. You should not get more added or worry about anything until after that point. Give your muscles time to fully relax and take in the product. Then evaluate your results and how you feel.

F. Victor Rueckl, MD

Post Dysport Treatment

+1

Thank you for your question. I would wait a full 2 weeks and get re-evaluated by your injector. You may just need more Dysport. For a natural look, often you will see the lines become softened, while still having facial expression. Be certain to be under the supervision of a board certified dermatologist or plastic surgeon with expertise in injectables for the safest and most effective treatments. I hope this helps.

Sonia Badreshia-Bansal, MD
Bay Area Dermatologist

Dysport

+1

There are a few things to consider.  You may need to wait a full two weeks to see the final results.  You may also need more product in the area.

Sam Naficy, MD

Why do I still see lines following Dysport injections?

+1

One of the most common issues that can occur with Dysport and Botox when they are administered improperly is an expressionless appearance following the treatment. This can happen if too much is injected or if poor technique is used.
In general, additional side effects from Dysport injections may include the following:

1) Bruising
2) Headaches
3) Eyelid ptosis
4) Minor swelling

Duration and onset of side effects can vary from patient to patient, but generally will subside over a few weeks to months.  If you still see lines, your treatment may have been on the conservative side and you may benefit from a touch up.  An in-person exam would really be necessary to give you additional advice. I would recommend speaking with the individual who performed your injections. Thanks and good luck!

Jonathan Kulbersh, MD
Charlotte Facial Plastic Surgeon

Dysport - 6 Days

+1

It takes about 2-5 days to see most of the results of neurotoxins, including Dysport, so I would suggest the following:

1)  Give it a few more days.  While most results are visible at 2-5 days it can take longer.  I would suggest waiting about another week.

2) At some point (whether now or then) you can speak with your physician to find out how many units were injected into each area.  Remember - it's all about the units; not the cc's, syringes, or treatment areas.  It's possible that the next time you're treated you'll want more units in that area.

3) Finally, despite everyone's best intents it is not always possible to eliminate ALL of the wrinkles or lines in a given area.  That's not to say that other attempts shouldn't be made; just that overall improvement is what's desired.  However pesky some of those lines are...

I hope that this helps and good luck,

Dr. E

Alan M. Engler, MD, FACS