6 day ago I had 350cc over the muscle saline implants removed and 600cc under the muscle silicone implants with a mastopexy?

I was a DD before and the Dr and I agreed going bigger would look good with my body type of 5'5" and 155lbs. But my breasts are smaller, maybe a C cup. I have a very full upper breast but very small from the nipple down, will this get fuller as the implant drops? I don't understand?

You won't end up smaller

+2

Dear Cherierenee: Moving implants from above the muscle to below the muscle can change the look completely. Unless your surgeon took out a lot of breast tissue with your mastopexy, which I doubt, you are not any smaller than you were but you're just not used to the way they look. In addition, moving them behind the muscle will distort the implant which takes 4 to 6 weeks to relax. Some mastopexy procedures also temporarily force the implants into the upper pole. Give things a few months to settle and then reassess. You will look much better at that time.

Good luck to you!

Phoenix Plastic Surgeon

Early in your recovery

+2

You are still very early in your recovery. Your breast shape will change as swelling subsides, the pectoral muscle relaxes and your implants settle into the pocket. In the meantime do your massaging as directed by surgeon and try to be patient. I don't think you'll end up smaller as your implant volume is 250 cc bigger.

Mennen T. Gallas, MD
Katy Plastic Surgeon

Subpectoral implants

+2

Remember that you are only 6 days out from surgery. It sounds like your plastic surgeon did the right thing in putting your implants behind your pectoralis muscle. They will hold position much better. As you have experienced, subglandular implants often stretch your tissues and succumb to gravity. Your pec muscle is now contracting and shoving your implants high and compressing the implants. As your pec muscle relaxes, you will notice more fullness at the lower pole of your breast and more projection. The whole process of pec muscle relaxation takes months, so be patient. I'm sure you will be thrilled with your results. Best regards,

Holly Casey Wall, MD, FACS
Shreveport Plastic Surgeon