Hairline Lowering Candidate? (photo)

Hello doctors! Can you tell by these pictures if i can be a candidate for a hairline lowering procedure. You see I have a heart shaped face and I just hate how my hair behaves when its down. To add up to that my hair is really thin :( I badly want to have a shorter forehead cos it's wide, it's like inflated and it's high. and my thin hair just makes it so difficult to cover it :(

Hairline browlift incision

+1

Yes, you would be good candidate for a hairline lowering. This can be done through an incision just through the edge of the hairline in a beveled fashion so that when the incision heals, the hairs can grow through the scar and minimize visibility.

Hair transplantation is also an option for you.

Seattle Oculoplastic Surgeon

Hairline Advancement

+1
There are two techniques for advancing the overly high hairline, one is the surgical hairline advancement that allows in one step to advance the hairline by as much as 2 inches.  However, this procedure does not permit rounding out of the hairline, and instead hair transplantation is the better procedure, allowing likely for the results you are seeking.

Web reference: http://www.foundhair.com/pages/hairlineadvancement.html

Miami Facial Plastic Surgeon

High Hairline? Have your hairline lowered.

+1

Many individuals dislike their "high hairline" since it gives their forehead a tall appearance. Using a special angled incision that allows hair to regrow through the resulting scar, your hairline can be lowered in such a way as to make the surgery relatively invisible.  Usually about 2cm of lowering is achieved. Since our foreheads often get taller with time (as the hairline recedes), lowering your hairline also makes you look younger. 

Baltimore Facial Plastic Surgeon

Hairline Lowering

+1

Your hairline can be lowered, but more information (such as age and health) and full face pictures would would help me make specific recommendations. Years ago we developed the trichophytic hairline incision where hair will grow through and in front of the hairline after the procedure, giving the patient total freedom of hair styling. I am not a fan of using hair transplants for treating this problem.   

Lower the hairline

+1

If you have enough scalp laxity, the hairline can be lowered about one inch (2.5cm) with a one stage operation. An expander may be necessary if the scalp is tight or more lowering is desired. With a trichophytic incision, detectible scarring is rarely a problem. Your thin hair, however, may become thinner after any procedure that moves the hair around. This includes hair transplants.

Web reference: http://www.kabaker.com

Oakland Facial Plastic Surgeon

Lowering hairline

+1

There is a beauty to your high forehead, that gives your face some unique characteristics.

If you want the lowering of the hairline and can accept a scar infront of the hairline or at it then it can be done. One may lower the hairline also by hair transplant.

Lowering forehead height

+1

to maximally lower forehead, you need tissue expanders put in to stretch your hair bearing skin. After the hair has been stretched, then you can lower your hair line a good 1-2". You will be left with a small scar at the junction of where your forehead starts.

Other options I have done with Asian foreheads is inject filler into the central part of the forehead to give it a convexity. This makes the forehead look less high

David Ellis Toronto Facial Plastic Surgeon at Art of Facial Surgery

Toronto Facial Plastic Surgeon