Surgery required for broken nose - How quickly can my daughter return to basketball?

Daughter plays basketball and broke her nose. Still playing and wearing the hard mask for protection. She had a ct scan done and it showed that her alignment and breathing passages looked good. There is a possibility that she will require closed reduction surgery for a small area on the bridge of her nose. How quick can she return to action after such surgery? She will of course wear the mask the rest of the season.

Return to Basketball

+1
I allow my patients to resume athletic activity 4 weeks after the procedure.  The bones are healed by that time and there is no need to avoid contact.

Return to sports after a broken nose

+1
 In our practice, we reset the nose through a open reduction nasal fracture, not a closed reduction. This involves medial and lateral osteotomies and occasionally a spreader graft  placed underneath the concave upper lateral cartilage. The cast stays on for one week and patients are asked to avoid contact sports for 6 weeks after the procedure.