Multiple Surgeries, Enhance Profile, male: is it possible to combine a rhinoplasty with chin and jaw implants?

I am 17, turning 18 in November. I currently have a receded chin, up angled nose with a round tip that I don't like. I am hoping the nose job will angle down my nose closer to a 90° angle and make the tip less round and more pointed. I am looking for a more masculine look. I would like to know if it is possible to combine a rhinoplasty with chin and jaw implants?

Will A Rhinoplasty and Chin Implant Improve My Profile?

+1
Dear Billy16428, I frequently combine chin augmentation with rhinoplasty surgery. The two procedures are very synergistic and one can significantly improve the other. I would encourage you to seek consultation with several board certified plastic surgeons who frequently perform these two procedures. Good luck to you. Dr. Gervais

Minneapolis Plastic Surgeon

Nose and chin surgery

+1
It is very common to combine rhinoplasty with chin augmentation surgery.  These two procedures compliment each other nicely and balance facial profile.  Good luck.  Donald R. Nunn MD, DDS  Atlanta Plastic Surgeon

Donald Nunn, MD

Rhinoplasty and chin implant surgery together is common.

+1
Anywhere from 1/4 to 1/3 of my rhinoplasty patients benefit from chin implant placement, and most request that I do this for them at the time of their nose surgery.

Often a retrusive chin makes a nose look bigger, and unfortunately, focusing solely on the nose often leads to overresection and continued lack of facial harmony. However, even a very conservative chin implant (or more if needed) plus appropriate rhinoplasty cosmetic changes can yield overall facial enhancement results that are superior to nose surgery or chin surgery alone.

You may wish to check out my patients in cases 2 and 5 who had both rhinoplasty and chin implant by clicking on the web reference link below. Best wishes! Dr. Tholen

Richard H. Tholen, MD, FACS
Minneapolis Plastic Surgeon

+1
These techniques have synergistic effects and combing them will provide a greater satisfaction as long surgery is done by someone who understand the dynamic, three dimensional changes that will occur and you need to prepared to look somewhat different. When there are several changes like this in the surgical morphs can be helpful in preparing you for the anticipated changes and assures that you and your surgeon are the on the same page, an extremely crucial requirement for success.

Bahman Guyuron, MD
Cleveland Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty and Jawline Enhancement

+1
It is not uncommon to perform other facial proedures with a rhinoplasty including chin and jaw angle implants. Put together these three procedures create the most significant facial reshaping that can be done for a male.

Barry L. Eppley, MD, DMD

Rhinoplasty and chin implant procedures performed together

+1
Without photographs, it is difficult to determine if you are a candidate for both procedures or not. The rhinoplasty procedure can adjust  the look of your nose to better balance with your facial features. A chin implant can be also inserted through sub mental approach for a weak chin profile. Chin implants are  manufactured in a variety of sizes and shapes, which is best determined at the time of the consultation and examination. For many examples of this combination and more information, please see the link below

+1
Nasal cosmetic surgery and a chin implant are frequently performed together in the appropriate patient. The ideal aesthetic result should be individualized to achieve harmony with your other facial features and improve the areas that concern you. 

Keep in mind that following advice from a surgeon on this or any other website who proposes to tell you what to do based on two dimensional photos without examining you, physically feeling your tissue, assessing your desired outcome, taking a full medical history and discussing the pros and cons of the operative procedure would not be in your best interest. Natural appearing results need to be individualized and what is appropriate for one patient is not necessarily the best for someone else. I would suggest that you find a surgeon with extensive rhinoplasty experience certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery and one who is ideally a member of The American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery (ASAPS) or a facial plastic surgeon (otolaryngologist) that you trust and are comfortable with. You should discuss your concerns with that surgeon in person. The extent and length of the procedure, cost, and the specific operative steps to achieve an ideal cosmetic result vary from patient to patient and would depend on the findings at your consultation examination.

Robert Singer, M.D., FACS

La Jolla, California

Robert Singer, MD
La Jolla Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty and chin augmentation

+1
The simple answer is yes - those are two operations that are frequently done at the same time to enhance one's appearance so go on consults in your area and get opinions as to what is the best set of procedures for you. Dr. Corbin

Frederic H. Corbin, MD
Brea Plastic Surgeon

+1
Yes, you can have a rhinoplasty and chin implant at the same time.  I use Radiesse to the jawline and it provides a great angularity to the jawline.  

Combining rhinoplasty and chin etc. surgery.

+1
Combining rhinoplasty and chin etc. surgery. Is commonly done. An experienced rhinoplasty surgeon is best for lengthening your nose etc. to a 90 degree angle. The chin alone may give you a stronger jaw without needing angle implants.