Is it Possible to Darken Eye Colour?

i was wondering if there is anyway i can darken my eye colour. when i was a kid i had big brown eyes and as i got older they turned more of a muddy greenish colour i hate them :( when they where darker the whites of my eyes looked really bright and my eyes looked bigger. now they just look dead-like and dull.

Darken iris color

+1

The safest way to darken your eye color is through cosmetic contact lenses.  This will allow you to change your color to one that you prefer.

There are also medications that are used for glaucoma which can have the side effect of darkening your iris but these are not used for that purpose alone.

I would recommend seeing an eye care professional who fits contact lenses and ask about cosmetic lenses if you are highly motivated to change your eye color. 

San Francisco Ophthalmologist

Ask a Doctor

Get personalized answers from board-certified doctors. For free.