I have a darkened area in my armpits from having Laser Hair Removal couple weeks ago. Is this normal?

Post-Inflammatory Hyperpigmentation after Laser Hair Removal

+1
It really depends on many issues, and I always recommend that you be evaluated in person by the physician who provided your service (ideally a Board Certified Physician in an accepted aesthetic field such as Dermatology) for your specific condition.

With that said, Post-Inflammatory Hyperpigmentation (PIH) can occur after Laser Hair Removal, especially in darker skin types.  Any cause of inflammation (swelling, redness), such as the heat generated from laser hair removal, can result in (normally) temporary skin discoloration-- generally darker skin pigment.  This will normally resolve on it's own with time-- but can take many months, and in rare cases year.

If you are at risk for PIH, pre- and post-treatment of the area with a bleaching cream, such as hydroquinone, good cooling during and after the procedure, and use of an anti-inflammatory such as a topical steroid after treatment may help to prevent this side-effect.

Metairie Dermatologic Surgeon