Dark Triangles from Bruises Under my Eyes 6 Weeks After Lower Blepharoplasty

I still have very dark triangle looking dark areas under my eyes six weeks after lower blepharoplasty, surgeon says just give it more time but it is not getting any betting and I cant even cover the dark spots up with make up it looks terrible. Is this normal? What should I do?

Dark bruises under eyes 6 weeks after lower blepharoplasty?

+1

Question: Dark triangles from bruises under my eyes 6 weeks after lower blepharoplasty?

Answer: Your surgeon is correct and you should give it more time. Sometimes, the dark pigment from the bruising lasts for a relatively long period of time. Occasionally, it lasts for a number of months but it almost invariably diminishes and disappears. In the meantime, do the best you can with cover up make-up.

Freehold Facial Plastic Surgeon

Dark circles under eyes after blepharoplasty

+1

Bruising is normal after blepharoplasty, and since the skin of the lower eyelid is very thin, it is not unusual for the dark color to be very obvious. The pigment from the blood cells is usually broken down over the course of the first 10 to 14 days after surgery, and cause the various colors observed after bruising in other parts of the body. In some cases, the discoloration may persist for some time afterwards.