Dark Spots at Incision Areas: Will They Ever Go Away?

I had abdomenal lipo about 3 months ago, which left 4 dark, bruised-looking spots where the incisions were. I have one spot, right below my belly button, that has been there for 7 months after a fat transfer and still hasn't gone away. Will these ever go away? What are they called and how can I get rid of them? Thank you.

Dark spots from incisional sites

+1

If you have hyperpigmented it may improve. Some doctors will prescribe strong lightening creams for this but you need to be monitored. Is it redness or pigment? Some dermatologists can look with a special light to see if the pigment is superficial or deep and then recommend different treatments.