Options for Dark Spots, Dark Elbows and Knees?

I am a young African-American woman, and not sure if chemical peels and skin bleaching are right for me. I have a lot of dark spots on my face, and I have combination skin type (oily and dry, and very rough). I also have very dark elbows and knees that don't blend in with my skin tone. What are my options aside from chemical peel or bleaching?

May be a condition known as dermatosis papulosa nigra

The dark spots on your face may be a condition known as dermatosis papulosa nigra. These spots usually occur on the upper cheeks and can be treated by freezing or buning with an electrocautery. Information is available at http://www.visualdxhealth.com/adult/dermatosisPapulosaNigra-whosAtRisk.htm