Best Acne Hyperpigmentation Treatment?

My skin isn't horrible but I want it to look a lot better. I have hyperpigmentation marks from breakouts and I would love to get rid of those! What are the best hyperpigmentation treatments that you would you recommend and why? Thanks so much!

Acne dark spots with Melarase cream and Melapeel

+3
Acne hyperpigmentation can be improved with creams.  If you have pigmentation from pimples, you can use topical Melarase AM and Melarase PM to remove skin dark spots, regardless of your complexion color. If you were in my office, I would also recommend a Melapeel.

Hyperpigmentation

+2

It sounds as though you have the hyperpigmentation at the site of acne scars. You do not say what you skin color or texture is, or if there are other related skin problems. You also do not state the activity of your acne. There are alternatives from direct topical treatments that work in some cases although it may take 6 weeks or more. Various chemical peels and finally laser treatments may also be effective. Again this depends on your skin type as darker skin may be risker to work with due to the potential for hypopigmentation (lightening of the skin). But first the acne needs to be under control before consider any of these treatments.

Theodore Katz, MD, FACS
Philadelphia Plastic Surgeon