How to Get Rid of Dark, Insect Bite Spot?

I need to know how to get rid of a stubborn dark spot on my cheek. it was caused by an insect bite, which cause trauma to the skin. I had 6 IPL treatments, almost 2 years ago. The treatments caused the spot to become more prominent. I don't get much sun exposure, and I always wear the highest SPF sunblock when i do go out in the sun. I'm also allergic to hydroquinone. How can i get rid of it?

Insect dark spots and treatment

+1

Insect bite scars can be improved with topical use of Melaquin AM and Melaquin PM twice daily. 

Treatment for skin pigmentation with history of hydroquinone sensitivity

+1

You must reapply high SPF sunscreen every 2 hours between 10am and 4pm. You should see a board-certified dermatologist and consider getting a relatively gentle Epiquin (extended-released hydroquinone) and/or tazoratene to hasten resolution of pigmentation. The new gold standard for post-inflammatory pigmentation is Q-switched Nd:Yag laser such as Spectra laser.

William Ting, MD
Bay Area Dermatologic Surgeon