Can Dark Skinned People Have 18 Percent TCA Peel?

Hello, I'm a 24 dark skinned female with acne scars and wrinkling around my eyes and would like to get an 18% TCA peel to rectify this. Do you think its advisable?

My peel is in 2 weeks and I'm prepping my skin with a 12% Glycolic acid peel every day for 15 mins and 2% hydroquinone cream twice a day. Will that help me in any way?

TCA Peel

+2

I think this is a good preperation of the skin, I prefer to prepare the skin with OBAJI skin care then do very light TCA peel followed by deeper and deeper peels if the skin reacts good the first time and no hyper or hypopigmentation.

Dark skinned patients do benefit from TCA peels

+2

Your  prep for the upcoming TCA peel is adequate and you should be fine with the TCA peel but be sure to use a prescription cortisone lotion and sunscreen afterwards to minimize side effects.  You may need a few of the TCA peels to achieve your end goal.

Web reference: http://www.DrDavidHansen.com

Beverly Hills Dermatologic Surgeon