Dark Scar on Columella After Rhinoplasty?

Hello, I had open rhino 2 years ago and am unhappy with the resulting columellar scar which itself is a thin white line but the area around it is darker. You don't really see it when you inspect the scar closely but in everyday life, with light coming generally from above, there's an obvious darker shade between the nostrils. That area also happens to be harder to the touch, it bothers me because I feel it every time I run my finger on it, blow my nose etc. It's also rather itchy. What can I do?

Dark scar

+1

Talk with your surgeon.  Some scar discoloration can be improved with laser treatments or topical hydroquinone cream.  Both can typically be found at a full service plastic surgery practice