Are Dark Red Spots Around Nose Normal After IPL Treatment?

I had my first IPL treatment yesterday and overall have just had the side effects that I was told about and expecting (some swelling under my eyes, spots gone darker) but what I wasn't told about or expecting is to have some really dark red spots around my nose in places where I originally didn't have anything (no broken capillaries there before at all). Is this normal or did I possibly get damaged by the laser? They worry me because they are so dark. Will they go away?

Purpura can happen after IPL

Thanks for your question and for uploading those photos.  The name for what you're seeing is purpura, and happens as a result of breakage of a blood vessel under the skin.  Although not always seen following IPL, it can happen, especially around the nose.  Although inconvenient in the short term (it may take a week or so to resolve, similar to a bruise), the good news is that it means those vessels were severely damaged by the laser and are likely to resolve!

Minneapolis Dermatologic Surgeon