How to Remove Dark Patches for Olive Skin?

I'm of Mediterranean origin and have an olive skin. I have freckles from childhood and have recently moved to Tunis and it's pretty sunny and have since developed patches of brown pigmentation. I thought IPL would be a good technique but apparently won't be suitable for my skin tone. What do you recommend? Many thanks.

Dark spots and sun damage in Mediterranean skin can best be treated with chemical peels and bleaching agents

+1

I would definitely stay away from the IPL with your skin type.  You can easily burn or hyperpigment with your skin type.  It would be much safer for you to use topicals and get a series of chemical peels with TCA.  Make sure to see a board certified dermatologist for the procedures.

Melarase AM and Melarase PM for olive skin with dark spots

+1

I would begin a patient with olive skin and dark spots with Melarase AM in the morning and Melarase PM in the evening to be applied as a topical cream. 

Ask a Doctor

Get personalized answers from board-certified doctors. For free.